Manning verdict is in

Started by Martok, July 30, 2013, 02:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 17, 2017, 08:14:09 PM
WTF?
Pardoning Edward Snowden would have made more sense. Say what you will about Snowden but at least he thought he was doing it all for the greater good while having quite a lot to lose. The big takeaway I get from Manning is that (s)he was trying to get even with the World for getting picked on.

Don't know that Snowden would have made more sense. That dude ran to Russia and released information that had nothing to do with "the greater good".
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on January 17, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
Did you just taunt Heisenberg?

He should be careful....after all, I am the one who knock's

(and yes, I did that one on purpose)   ::)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Transferred to the Marines to feel more like a woman? Can't wait to hear what Jarhead has to say about this little gem. This is what I get out of bed in the morning for.  :clap:  I'm sure the Marines can manage the change from man to woman for him without a lot of red tape. Red bandages however.....  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

^ Methinks you need to read the article, Sir.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I did. Twice. I don't see any contradiction in my post. If Chel-Brad wants to become more female-oriented, then the Marines are perfect for identifying and prioritizing gender choices, as was pointed-out in the article. I'm sure the whole 'National Betrayal' thing won't interfere with their choices of method.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

^That's a damning article....makes me want to bitch slap Manning even more than I already did.

OJsDad

Wit
Quote from: Steelgrave on January 19, 2017, 08:31:35 PM
^That's a damning article....makes me want to bitch slap Manning even more than I already did.

With a full Jerry can. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.