Chit makers!

Started by acctingman, April 28, 2017, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

So, anyone here know a good way to make your own chit?..lol, sorry....I'm so juvenile sometimes  :DD

Anyways, my friend gifted me Conflict of Heroes and I LOVE it. Buying the solo expansion soon, but I was thinking of adding my own units. Italians, Brits and more of every other nation. So.....my question to you cardboard pushers is, where does one get chits made? Do you make them yourself? Is there someone who provides the service?

Also, to anyone who has done this sort of thing. What program do you use to make the counters? Let's say I wanted to make a M-4A4 counter. I'd find an image online, but how does one get the stats on the counter.

I'm going to head over to BoardgameGeek and see if I can find some info.

Thanks

ArizonaTank

I'm not an expert, but I have done this. 

GMT makes plenty of blank supplies and noble knight sells them:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137418062_A_ManufacturerID_E_127_A_CategoryID_E_4_A_GenreID_E_

I start with a countersheet scan from Boardgame Geek; most games have them now.  I take a counter image that is close to the one I want to make, then use a paint program to change it.  Lets say it is a 2-3 counter, but you want 4-3.  Find another counter with a "4", copy the "4" over to the counter you are making.  For a new image, say a Sherman silhouette, you will need to play around with the paint program to get it on there.

Once the counter has the content I want, I play around with sizing the image to get it right.  I then print on a color printer.  I glue to image onto the blank counter, and use some sort of seal to give it some durability and a nice sheen.  They aren't wonderful, but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference once you get the knack. 

Of course, this absolutely works to make replacement counters as well.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bbmike

^Have you tried printing on sticker sheets?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

acctingman

Thanks AT, but it doesn't look like they sell 1" counters. I'll keep looking.

Capn Darwin

Look up Litko, they can do custom markers of various shapes, sizes, and materials. From there print counters on label sheets, cut and apply.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pinetree

A couple of places you could try:
https://www.printplaygames.com/ - haven't tried these guys but I'm thinking of using them to make me copy of Grav Armor as the prices look more than reasonable.
http://microgamedesigngroup.com/WreckingYard/diecutting.html - Kerry Anderson's service. I bought a set of Berlin '85 Stoss variant counters and they are great.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"