This Weekend's Feature: Rule The Waves from NPS

Started by bayonetbrant, September 26, 2015, 06:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Great review Boggit. Couldn't have said it better myself. RTW Is a real treat and very easy to play.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Impressive review.  All of the developer feedback in addition to the gameplay results made this a real treat to read.

Boggit

Thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it. Fred Wallin and William Miller were a delight to work with, and very forthcoming when I challenged a number of design and gameplay issues. They've made an excellent game, and are not resting on their laurels.

This is one game in my opinion that really deserves a Grogheads award.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Sir Slash

Not resting on their laurels? What do you know that we don't? Well that could fill volumes, but what're they planning next? WWII, ACW, or maybe Age of Sail?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2015, 09:36:23 AM
Not resting on their laurels? What do you know that we don't? Well that could fill volumes, but what're they planning next? WWII, ACW, or maybe Age of Sail?
I had an email conversation with Fredrik Wallin, the developer of RTW just the other day and it's likely to be focusing on carriers and naval aviation. Don't hold your breath, as RTW was a LOT of work for him, so he's planning to have a break before he gets back to the grindstone. It's not fair, as I can't wait! ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat