Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

It looks like the forum and pm system may be up then. Did everyone else receive my PM?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

I'm pretty sure some of my posts were backstamped after you did the p-mail. I haven't seen any new problems in a few hours, yet.

Note: this post was correctly stamped Nov 12th, 2018, 7:46ish pm, CST.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

On the other hand, there are still some definite oddities. The Front Page feed for the forum index page is gone; as are our avatars. And I think the secondary ad banner is gone.

None of these are necessarily signs that problems are continuing, though; they might be attempts at localizing a problem. (The new ad banner, mostly for Amazon in my experience, seemed to go active around the time the desynchs started happening. But that might be coincidence, or I might have the timing off.)

Anyway, once things seem safe to continue, I'll not only try a p-mail blast to alert people, but I'll also add a link to the 'plot' continuance, on one of the earlier posts when we temporarily suspended Senate operations. ;)

(Edited to add, this post was also stamped correctly.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Sending out a test message on the newly reactivated forum, for anyone who set their account to automatically subscribe to the thread sending alerts to some email (or who manually subscribed perhaps).

Speaking of, you should all probably p-mail me a safe email address at once, in case the forum tanks again while they're still working things out. Or if you don't have my email, it's my first and last name, no spaces, at compuserve.

Erax

I got the test message. When do we start up again?

JasonPratt

Probably Sunday. I'm going to hash up a position summary for convenience, Saturday afternoon, so everyone knows where we left off.

JasonPratt

The site went down temporarily again last night (or was accidentally set up to discourage spammers by restricting access rates, or something): "The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later."

But as of 2 hours ago it's back up again, obviously. ;)

Still, this is why I continue to recommend patience until the admins polish up their stressful work.  O0 We'll get back to it when the forum is stable again.

JasonPratt

Forum is still a little unstable, so I recommend making sure you copy-all on any texts before posting; and then check carefully to make sure they arrived.

Also, we should be careful not to rush too far ahead since some members may be temporarily blipped out and unable to access the forum to weigh in on matters. (This is aside from usual travel and real-life delays.)

I'll start posting a position recap soon.

I sent test p-mails to everyone last night, but I've only heard back from Tripoli by that method. Did everyone else receive them?!

JasonPratt

Okay, you may click on this link to go back to the position recaps at the start of the Senate Phase this turn: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22942.msg635286#msg635286

I'll soon add an update linking back here for Players to jump quickly past the Groghead-forum glitch discussions. It'll be reaaaly big and purple, impossible to miss, don't worry. (There's a bit of glitch discussion mixed with game discussion at first, so I made sure to include it.)

The Frog was in the process of considering which two senators to Propose as the next Consuls this Turn.

JasonPratt

Bumping the thread a little to clarify that I'm activating the game again as of tonight.

JasonPratt

In case anyone is wondering, game activity is occurring, just by various chat methods, not official actions yet.  O:-)

I anticipate official actions soon, possibly passed on through me via those chat methods, since Players can't always be where they can access the game forum.

Tripoli

I would like to propose the following for consideration:  Claudius for Consul, Manlius of the Militarist for Consul to prosecute the  pyrric war,and Fulvius for Censor this turn, with the condition that neither the The Plutocrats, The Militarists or the Progressive be prosecuted this turn.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

^^ Note that this is not an official "Proposal" (which he can't do, as Tripoli doesn't control the HRAO).

He's actually trying to propose a Public Contract between the Players involved. If they all agree, then I'll be able to prevent them from willingly breaking the contract. (Contracts can still be broken by accident in various ways, which then gives Players 'downstream' within the Contract permission to step out of fulfilling their parts.)

(It's also possible for other players to join the contract, even if they have nothing specifically to do with it. So for example, Malize's Populists have no senators involved in the contract, and his senators would still be exposed to possible prosecution by the Frog's Fulvius. However, he might still join the Contract as a way of stating that his votes would be counted automatically in favor of Proposals fulfilling the Contract, as far as it goes.)

malize

Quote from: Tripoli on November 18, 2018, 07:43:16 PM
I would like to propose the following for consideration:  Claudius for Consul, Manlius of the Militarist for Consul to prosecute the  pyrric war,and Fulvius for Censor this turn, with the condition that neither the The Plutocrats, The Militarists or the Progressive be prosecuted this turn.

With Populist immunity, agreed