New column: Tracer Rounds!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 04, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Haven't missed one yet.  It's interesting to watch someone brain dump.  Especially if it's coherent and has a point.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on February 15, 2016, 11:14:11 PMEspecially if it's coherent and has a point.

you're setting the bar kinda high for me to aspire to, dude...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

dinner time reading for everyone...  see the front page :)

Wes

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 22, 2016, 06:19:31 PM
dinner time reading for everyone...  see the front page :)

This is what I am completely devoted to for the rest of my gaming time. I'm working on building a structure to bring in folks to the hobby through promotion of conflict games (which covers more area than many might think) and will be announcing as each part is finalized. This is what has sucked up all my time over the last 6 months (and kept me from posting as often here as I would like).

And 1? Just 1? I'm going after a whole demographic (currently numbered around 80 million). Go big or go home! :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Oh yeah, and this week includes a poll :D

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Did the poll. How many times did Vance vote, that's what I want to know :-(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on March 08, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
Did the poll. How many times did Vance vote, that's what I want to know :-(

at least 8

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Logistics & The Walking Dead in today's Tracer Rounds

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 21, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
Logistics & The Walking Dead in today's Tracer Rounds

Amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics  :)

I'll admit to being fascinated by military logistics. How, say, the Army of the Patomac was fed, clothed, supplied, and watered during the overland campaign is just plain interesting.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus