New column: Tracer Rounds!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 04, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

First column is up.  Your thoughts below.  Or not.  Whatevs...   8)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

So basically this is Brant's diary made public.

airboy

Brant - your analysis of the typical person who reads and contributes to the site are on the money.

If you want to be a writer, you have to write.  That is one of the reasons why I'm going to leave management.  I want more time to write.

Last, has the amazon links return rate picked up since your "keeping the lights on" plea went out?

Barthheart

Good stuff Brant. Look forward to more. O0

bob48

I fully concur with my learned colleagues.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on January 04, 2016, 01:48:19 PM
So basically this is Brant's diary made public.

Not quite, but yeah, it's going to be a lot of my personal thoughts rather than more 'formal' news coverage.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Great entry for the column.

I did get a chuckle over your acknowledgment that you're not "the guy that runs GrogHeads", yet you still signed off as "Bayonet 06". Teehee.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
Great entry for the column.

I did get a chuckle over your acknowledgment that you're not "the guy that runs GrogHeads", yet you still signed off as "Bayonet 06". Teehee.  :2funny:

I run BayonetGames.  I didn't sign off as GrogHeads 06 ;)

Pinetree

I'm impressed. You used "cognizant" in a paragraph so casually it looked like you actually knew what you were doing with it. O0
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bayonetbrant

I have *never* been remotely that limber...

Windigo

So I finally came up from the forum dungeon to investigate the mythical front pages, lured by the tracer rounds clickbait... glad I did. Writers psuedo-catharsis is usually quite good and yours in your inaugural column, did not disappoint.

Despite the glare of that annoying yellow sphere in the sky, I will regularly climb from the forum dungeon to the front page if only to read the column.

De limo formasti ad sidera explicarique
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MetalDog

That's some pretty alright stuff there, Brant.  I look forward to the upcoming brain droppings.  And the tunes.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I came to Grogs to get honest feedback about the games I wanted to play or not play and have not found anywhere a more complete and honest opinions of all aspects of gaming as well as damned-good fun to boot. This place is part Smithsonian and part Tatooie Cantina but always worth the time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.