Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: X4 Foundations
« Last post by PanzersEast on Today at 09:09:46 AM »
To my knowledge I think it is 20+ rep, however if it is not then the air just went out of my ballon.  I could be wrong and it is 30. 
General Discussion / Re: Where is Administration grogheads.com ??
« Last post by ArizonaTank on Today at 08:58:50 AM »
All your administration are belong to us.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:34:27 AM »
The RPS review is live. Its always hard to tell what their reviewer thinks, unless of course the game includes characters who are openly and obviously homosexual, transexual and hermaphrodite. Then they talk about it like its got game of the year potential.

I'm all for diversity in gaming, but I am really sick of this being the overwhelmingly most significant criteria upon which that website judges video games.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:18:07 AM »
As to the quality of the campaigns that have not been completely upgraded yet, I echo CptMiller's assessment. I've been playing through the British campaign and having a good time with it. I haven't noticed any obvious errors or glitches.

« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:16:30 AM »
Did run into a problem..... I was hyper focusing on getting my New station build and up and going (Teladi space) that all my miners stopped brining in money.  I ignored over time and then went back and looked.  I have about 15 miners, some are gas and others are mineral.  So I set the majority to mine only Nividium and was racking in the cash.... and then there was no more demand.

So I had to go back and make them drop their loads, and switch all my miners to mine all wares.  Then they started mining again.  There are several issues here.  No visual feedback on this, they just mined, filled their hull, then set there.  I had to go and see why.
Also, with no full blown war, the wares are not being used as quickly or the need is very shallow.  Maybe once more stations are built or the war causes more ships to be made etc.... then the demand will rise again.... but until this, the market can become stagnate.

@JH
The biggest thing I am doing and ramping up to start taking over sectors.  I am trying to stay in with the Argon Fed and the Teladi's good graces for now......  I will eventually start Pirating the other factions and slowly try to take over their sectors.  Once that is done, then take on the big boys.

So for now, I am trying to profit as much as I can, build up a fleet (just about ready to purchase a Destroyer, and hope to comprise my first fleet with 1-2 Destroyers, 2-4 Frigates, and 4-5 Corvettes).  I think it is important in the game to have a goal in mind.  This one is a very looooong term goal.

What is the reputation level required to get a capital ship license?
« Last post by PanzersEast on Today at 08:08:22 AM »
Did run into a problem..... I was hyper focusing on getting my New station build and up and going (Teladi space) that all my miners stopped brining in money.  I ignored over time and then went back and looked.  I have about 15 miners, some are gas and others are mineral.  So I set the majority to mine only Nividium and was racking in the cash.... and then there was no more demand.

So I had to go back and make them drop their loads, and switch all my miners to mine all wares.  Then they started mining again.  There are several issues here.  No visual feedback on this, they just mined, filled their hull, then set there.  I had to go and see why.
Also, with no full blown war, the wares are not being used as quickly or the need is very shallow.  Maybe once more stations are built or the war causes more ships to be made etc.... then the demand will rise again.... but until this, the market can become stagnate.

@JH
The biggest thing I am doing and ramping up to start taking over sectors.  I am trying to stay in with the Argon Fed and the Teladi's good graces for now......  I will eventually start Pirating the other factions and slowly try to take over their sectors.  Once that is done, then take on the big boys.

So for now, I am trying to profit as much as I can, build up a fleet (just about ready to purchase a Destroyer, and hope to comprise my first fleet with 1-2 Destroyers, 2-4 Frigates, and 4-5 Corvettes).  I think it is important in the game to have a goal in mind.  This one is a very looooong term goal.

Computer Wargaming / Re: Conan Unconquered
« Last post by bobarossa on Today at 07:37:42 AM »
Weren't there naked warriors in one of those TW Rome games?
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 07:31:03 AM »
Nice going!

Question: did the 1.3 patch require you to setup proper defenses for your PHQ already or do the enemies leave it alone?

Mine has not been attacked yet and space still seems pretty peaceful.

Honestly, I think I'm burning out. Its just too open sandbox for me. I wish there was more of a story line and more of a main plot to quest and follow. The initial quest that brings you to the PHQ was mildly engrossing, but ever since transporting that Boron to the PHQ and starting the research stuff, he's gone silent. Not sure if there is some trigger that brings those missions back, but I've researched everything and the mission line appears complete.

Seems like I've been left to my own devices at this point, and just making more money to buy and build more and bigger things does not hold my attention. I find myself loading the game up now and getting bored pretty quickly.
General Discussion / Re: Where is Administration grogheads.com ??
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 07:27:31 AM »
According to the IPS check, he/she/it was also spamming 48 other websites.

Maybe they have A LOT of money to spend. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10