Main Menu

Venom

Started by mirth, February 08, 2018, 12:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 09, 2018, 10:04:40 AM
But was Amazing Spider-Man 2 at a Spider-man 3 level of stupid?

yes. they both sucked big hairy spider ballz.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on February 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM
Andrew Garfield grew on me after I watched his Spiderman films a couple times. Not that those were particularly good movies (the second one was supremely stupid) but I came around on Garfield in the role.

Same. I hated the first film less than I thought I would, and have eventually come around to liking it somewhat. I even approach liking Amaz2 occasionally: some parts at least look goooOOOHGODWEBHANDWEBHAAANNNNNNDDDD!! {cringe!}

The first AmazingSpider-game spin-off sequel to the first movie, much to my surprise, I liked A TON! I've played it through at least twice, maybe three times. The second game, after the second movie, hurts from having to half-jettison the story of the first game in order to try cramming in a loose plot remake of the second movie, but I still liked it more than the second movie. (It probably helps that I bought it after its many initial rushed-release bugs were stomped.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, news today is that Venom will barely be in the Venom movie, practically not at all.

The internet's reaction is predictable:

...mainly predictable because whatever happens with the film, that shot will always have wide memeworthiness.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

That could've been me last time I visited my Proctologist, Dr. Longfinger.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 22, 2018, 03:55:20 PM
Meanwhile, news today is that Venom will barely be in the Venom movie, practically not at all.

The internet's reaction is predictable:

...mainly predictable because whatever happens with the film, that shot will always have wide memeworthiness.  >:D
Because yeah, it's going to be a deep, soul searching movie carried by its lead.

F'ing really Sony? You know who wants to see comic book movies that don't have comic book characters in them???

NO ONE
Insert witty comment here.

acctingman

This is a rental if I ever saw one

JasonPratt

SONY EXEC ONE: "Well, crap, we've shot our credibility with the Spider-fans, and our film division is projectile vomiting money, so we had to let Marvel play with Spidey, but we want (and need) direct profit without sharing it. So, what do we do?"

SONY EXEC TWO: "We could stop snorting cocaine off hookers."

SEX1: "Ha ha ha!"

SEX2: "HA HA HA HA HA! {snort}"

SEX1: "But seriously."

SEX2: "We still own the rights to use a bunch of other Spider-characters."

SEX1: "Which one is most popular?"

SEX2: "Back when I was a kid it was Spade. I mean Spawn. I mean, uh... Snarl?"

SEX1: "{Snort!}"

SEX2: "No, not that either, it was um... Spawn! ...no. Anyway it was an evil Godawfully ugly killer spider-man suit monster."

SEX1: "Sounds expensive."

SEX2: "No, look, we'll shoot it as a low-budget horror film, barely have the thing in it, y'know hide the monster until the end."

SEX1: "That's a time honored and well-respected notion. You can have extra cocaine and/or extra hookers tomorrow!"

SEX2: "Fans will come to see the thing, and if we shoot it cheaply enough we can recoup our production costs off the opening weekend; then marketing costs off the international market and disc sales."

SEX1: "And then what do we do with the profit?"

SEX2: "Well, there won't be enough profit to do much else afterward, so something without a lot of fx. ...hm, let's ask the girls here. What's your name, doll? Silver Pus--?"

SEX1: "I HAVE AN IDEA! IT'S -- IT'S COMING, IT'S ---!"

{greenlights Silver Sable / Black Cat teamup film}
{which to be fair is what they should have done in the first place}

BanzaiCat

I didn't think it was possible to F up Venom any more than Spider-Man 3 and Topher Grace did, but looks like Sony always manages to find a way.

JasonPratt

This looks more like... something. Something Venomy. (With apparently other symbiotes.)

Angry Joe and Other Joe.

I'm not going to lie, I'm only posting this for the attention.  :hide:

mirth

How does Bane end up as Venom? I'm so confused.

Sir Slash

Damn, Hardy looks young in that trailer. How old is he?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 24, 2018, 10:45:40 AM
Damn, Hardy looks young in that trailer. How old is he?

Sir Slash

That sounds about right. I guess his part in Pinky Blinders made me think he was older.