Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The Outlaw King is a feature length film about Robert the Bruce. No Robin Hood.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I always thought it would've been funny if his parents had named him, Bruce. Bruce the Bruce-- easy to remember.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: acctingman on November 02, 2018, 08:48:20 AM
Daredevil Season 3 is the bees knees  :smitten:

Vincent D'onofrio is F'ing amazing as the Kingpin.

Just finished episode 2. (Yeah. I'm behind a bit.....)

Very good so far. They didn't wait around to get the action started like season 1. I want to know who the uber bad-ass FBI dude is that calls Kingpin "convict". Hopefully all will be revealed......
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

You are, 'right on-target' there Doc. As in, "A Direct Hit" also known as a.....  When he and DD mix-it-up, it's worth the price of admission-- just a phrase, I know you didn't buy a ticket to see this. Should say, 'price of subscription' I suppose. More surprises down the road too.  O0

DoctorQuest

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

DAMMIT!  :knuppel2:    Time to move on. Doesn't surprise me after Luke and Iron Fist got axed but I thought DD had a deal for another 2-3 seasons. Anybody got Disney's number?

Nefaro

I re-sub'd to Netflix just to watch Daredevil S3.

Ugh.  Did they ditch the previous writers and hire some from the DC movies?   :pullhair:

I kept stopping after every episode to take a breath and build up stamina for the next.  Waiting for it to ... just get the F going.  Probably broke a sighs-per-minute record from all the hero whining and poor use of D'Onofrio.  Everyone's sitting on their thumbs and rotating for so long. 

Was near quitting altogether, numerous times, and then shit finally started happening.  And it sucked.  Underwhelmed after the sixth episode, I stopped watching the season and haven't yet bothered to go back and attempt finishing. 

First two seasons were wonderful.  This one.. no.  :hide:

Sir Slash

Wow! :wow:  I really like it, though only up to episode 7 or 8. The DD self-pity party does get old at times. Still, great fights, unexpected twists and great acting beats the hell out of anything Star Trek in the last 5 years.

DoctorQuest

I just finished DD season 3 and I thought it was good. And like season 1 it took a bit to get up to speed.

Very disappointed it was cancelled. The last scene was a great teaser for what might have come. I won't spoil it for anyone.

Sir Slash

I am savoring it slowly like great wine or free sex.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

wait...what?...I thought there was free sex here?  :tickedoff:

Gusington

What you look for in these hollowed virtual halls is your business.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd