New aircraft for Wings of Glory WWII

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 29, 2016, 10:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

My order arrived today.  Cool looking new planes (three P-47s, 3 SBD Dauntlesses, 3 Bf-109Ks, and 2 D4Y Suiseis).  I like the new rules for components and for pilot skills.  The quality of the miniatures isn't as good as it was in previous versions though.  There are large gaps along the wing and tail edges where the paint/decal doesn't cover the plastic.  They've also failed to add some components to the planes such as gunpods, rockets, bombs on some of the models despite including slots to attach them.

Still, I'm looking forward to setting up some new, epic scenarios for the Pacific and NW Europe.

Bf-109K-4 (9/JG3)with rules cards for gunpods, droptanks, and gunpod jamming.

Bf-109K-4 (Stab 1/JG52) with rules for Ace pilot Erich Hartmann

(missing gunpods)

Bf-109 K-4 (1/JG77)

USN SBD-5 Dauntless (VB-16) with ace dive bomber pilot skill card.

USMC SBD-5 Dauntless (VMF-3) with fire fighting pilot skill card (but wrong rules reference.  The rules on the card refer to the WWI ruleset, not the WWII set.  Whoops!)

RAF P-47D Thunderbolt Mk I.  (135 Sqn -Burma theatre)

Has drop tanks but missing bombs/rockets.

USAAF P-47D Thunderbolt (56FG/8th AF) with ace pilot card and extended drop tank rules cards.

USAAF P-47D Thunderbolt (405FG/9th AF) with ace pilot card and extended drop tank rules cards.

IJN D4Y 1 Suisei (Kokutai 121)  In-line engine version.

IJN D4Y 3 Suisei (Kokutai 601)  Radial engine version. 

Nefaro

Was browsing CSI's release & pre-order list. 

Saw those & I knew you had been ogling them, SDR.  ^-^

Silent Disapproval Robot

Had 'em preordered months ago.  The more I look at them, the more the missing paint on the wing and tail edges jumps out at me.  Time to spend too much money on paints in an attempt to match the colours and touch things up.

acctingman

these planes give me a chub....is that a bad thing?  :P

DoctorQuest

Quote from: acctingman on July 01, 2016, 02:34:40 PM
these planes give me a chub....is that a bad thing?  :P

Other than that is way too much information????  :o
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GroggyGrognard

Nice pics, SDR. I have two of the new planes that just arrived from my order with Miniature Market: P-47D (Raymond) and the Bf. 109 K4 (Hartmann).  I'm debating about ordering more or just wait a bit longer for them to potentially go on sale in the foreseeable future.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin