nVidia to drop 32-bit OS drivers

Started by WallysWorld, January 11, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

I've been on 64-bit since 2009 so I wonder how many people are running 32-bit OS?

"Reports have emerged that NVIDIA will cease support for 32-bit operating systems with their latest GeForce drivers. It's a long awaited move that will allow NVIDIA to focus their drivers towards 64-bit operating systems that make up the majority of the market these days."

nVidia to drop 32-bit OS drivers/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

DoctorQuest

I still run an XP partition for some older games but I have an set of Nvidia drivers that seem to do the trick. I have no issue with Nvidia taking this direction as long as they maintain the archives as they have done for years now. Even if they drop the archives I have my drivers backed up in case of a partition rebuild.

I understand they need to manage programming resources and 32-bit is really old tech at this point.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

GDS_Starfury

well, there goes their russian market.   :2funny:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.