Main Menu

War of Rights

Started by IronX, October 17, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I thought about finally picking up Holdfast. It's on sale for only $7. However, I know I won't stick to an MP only gunpowder era shooter. Its whats keeping me away from WoR, too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 26, 2018, 01:47:27 PM
I thought about finally picking up Holdfast. It's on sale for only $7. However, I know I won't stick to an MP only gunpowder era shooter. Its whats keeping me away from WoR, too.

Holdfast has also been enjoyable, although it's obviously less encouraging of line order & such.  WoR penalizes you & your team the more you're out of formation via suppression effects and higher team ticket loss when dying out of line. 

They're both quite fun, although I think WoR has the edge because it does the historical immersion so well.

Nefaro

The first day I played WoR all that camera swaying, most notably while you're reloading, didn't give me much nausea due to motion sickness.  I expected it to some extent but it wasn't bad.

Next time I fired it up, I started getting pretty ill in a short time.   #:-)  Hopefully it was just the forested hillside map that was causing the problem, as the maps with more flat open terrain seemed okay the day before.

Of course, I was drinking whiskey the first time I played WoR so perhaps that had something to do with it.  :)

Moreb

Quote from: Nefaro on December 26, 2018, 02:20:49 PM
Of course, I was drinking whiskey the first time

Just sip it at first.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: Moreb on December 26, 2018, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 26, 2018, 02:20:49 PM
Of course, I was drinking whiskey the first time

Just sip it at first.

"Just the tip", captain!

Actually been just fine, even somewhat sober since then.  Guess it was just the odd map with the high inclines. 

Nefaro

Also:

This is the absolute greatest first-person immersive shooter I've ever experienced. 

The inherited teamwork is often the most impressive I've seen.  They got the unique historical command focus of this one down pretty damn well.  Yet it's only still in a feature incomplete Alpha stage!  Despite the rocky update regime, this is some of the best money I've spent on gaming addiction in awhile.  :cowboy:

Tuna

I saw a few posts complaining about nausea while reloading. I used to have that problem with some of the Battlefields, I think it was due to head bob or weave while running.

Do you need a high end system run this one?

jomni

Head swinging should be left to the user's control. Involuntary head swinging will cause nausea. I'm prone to it too but curious to try it out.