Twi-iii-ice as hard as it was the FRIDAY I said goodbye

Started by MetalDog, July 12, 2019, 05:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

What's good Grogs?!  Been a long hot week here and I am glad to finally be at the end of it.  The weekend brings gaming and gaming means Civ.  If there is any time left, it'll be another game, mow the lawn, the deluxe edition.  Oh and for any of you threatened by the incoming weather, stay safe!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

nelmsm

Grandkids are in town, playing bingo with the vets at the VA hospital tonight, and yard work means very little time to play anything but PBEM games but that new copy of Fields of Glory Empires will be calling.

Rayfer

A weekend of figuring out Field of Glory: Empires.  There's a lot to this game.

devoncop

Field of Glory Empires weekend for me too.

Immense game
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

GroggyGrognard

Count me in for diving into Field of Glory: Empires. There's alot to learn.  I'll have check out the YouTube tutorial videos and graze through Grognerd's guide on the Steam community page.

Besides that, some Lost Cities Card Game w/ Expansion with the girlfriend.

Have a safe and fantastic weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Gusington

Field of Glory: Empires
All work and no play makes Gus a dull dwarf
AssCreed: Origins

...and MAYBE beginning a modded, tricked out campaign of Attila: Total War (Charlemagne) as the Byzantines in Sicily and North Africa.

Oh and some reading of the Field of Glory: Empires manual

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Normally I'd be all over FoG:E....but man, I really fell in love with DCS. I never tried before because I never really enjoyed flight sims. But this one grabbed me b/c of the realism and immersion. I have such little gaming time b/c the new wife 2.0 sees gaming time as "why don't you want to spend time with me". I'll get her trained up but in the meantime, it's 30 mins here, 1 hour there. So no time for 2 games

Feel good on the Harrier and flew the last couple runs with "immortality" off and everything else set for realism. I AM cheating with INS; having it marked to auto-set INS. So I'm not up on TACAN nor will I be. So the only thing I have left to learn is refueling. I know how to create the flight and reach it on radio, but I have to learn how to get peg A into slot 1.

After that, I'll start my first real missions and campaigns (instead of learning on "create fast mission"

It's just simply a "cool f-ing game" and I'm glad I started with the Harrier. It has a wide variety of missions and weapons while lacking more technically difficult things like radar. I think I'm ready to start the F/A-18
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

You mean nobody is going to be playing Her Majesty's Ship? That's right...its out, b$tches!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 12, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
You mean nobody is going to be playing Her Majesty's Ship? That's right...its out, b$tches!

Ahem.  Her Majesty's Ship.  Tutorial done, will dive in properly later this evening.  I'm looking forward to this!

My gaming group and I are planning to do some bowling and mini golf in Tower Unite as we always do, followed by trolling kids in Roblox, followed by some Planetside 2 for some reason.

And last but not least, some multiplayer Arma 3 on the fun server I found.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

al_infierno

F I E L D O F G L O R Y E M P I R E S
I
E
L
D
O
F
G
L
O
R
Y
E
M
P
I
R
E
S
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tripoli

My [CLASSIFIED]-year high school reunion.  No gaming this weekend.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Tripoli on July 12, 2019, 03:45:17 PM

Are any still alive? I figured if it's classified, you're saying it was a long time ago!

airboy

This week it will be
Curious Expeditions
Writing up the Battle of the Philippines for the AAR.  I want to finish the AAR so I can have it done and also write the strategy guide for the campaign.

Tripoli

Quote from: Tuna on July 12, 2019, 04:46:11 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 12, 2019, 03:45:17 PM

Are any still alive? I figured if it's classified, you're saying it was a long time ago!

Yep. We had about 25% of the class there. It was the 40 th year reunion. How did I get to be so old?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln