Main Menu

Steel Division

Started by Redwolf, November 30, 2019, 05:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

What's this? Any good?

Steel Division 2. Absolutely useless videos and screenshots that tell you nothing about the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919640/Steel_Division_2/

Grim.Reaper

Destraex

I really like it. What do you want to know?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

The thread link is very informative, but yes both games are good. They're a real-time tactical world war 2 game engine, based on the "Wargame" engine from Eugen Systems. They aren't quite pausable, but close to it. You don't build bases, you just build a force in a deck-building sort of engine and then deploy them as you see fit, according to logistic rates you set up for both sides before the match starts. (And which can get improved or reduced by how successful you are on the map at gaining ground and cutting off your enemy forces from supply.)

SD1 has some short singleplayer campaigns linking maps together; I can't recall if force builds carry over.

SD2 has a much more involved dynamic singleplayer campaign, covering different stages of a much larger map, late in the Eastern Front war.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Redwolf

Quote from: Destraex on November 30, 2019, 05:57:42 PM
I really like it. What do you want to know?

Is there a review with actual gameplay video or screenshots? I mean with the UI.

Destraex

The orders and interface recently went through a major update. I will check for you.

Destraex

Some gameplay of the campaign. Which plays very different to skirmish mode because you are not using a deck you make, but rather troops off the campaign map. Thus the points system for bringing on units does not charge you as much for bringing on heavier units. Most units cost 1 point to bring on up to a max of 3 points iirc. In a skirmish a king tiger might cost 150 points to bring on the field.

A good general video of Vulcan playing a game. He explains a few things as he goes.

Some basic pre-game interface mechanics. He seems to miss

Basic gameplay mechanics - features are before the new orders were added

Here is a video by VulcanHD about the NEW orders and how to use the new orders through the interface.

z1812

I play custom skirmishes with my own decks at a very slow speed using the realism mod, Storm in the West 44. It is quite enjoyable.

Redwolf

Destraex

I should add that the ai seems very easy since the new orders were added. I dont think it has a clie what to do or is very scared of orders like counter battery.