Hurricane Florence

Started by steve58, September 10, 2018, 08:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I begged my kids to get out of FLA before that killer one last year.  They ignored me.  Turned out ok for them, but, riding out a Cat 3 is not a good thing if you can get out of the way.  Here's hoping you can talk them out of there.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

This has had one of the odder storm tracks I've seen in years for a major storm.

Sir Slash

Yes, tempts one to make sexist remarks about females not able to make-up their minds, doesn't it? So....none of THAT Gentlemen. Show some class.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Let's talk about how many unplayed games you have in your Steam/GOG library.....
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

[yt]https://youtu.be/deG4NxkouGM[/yt]

camera at the off-shore platform at Fry Pan Shoals, about to get run over by a Cat 3 hurricane
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Man, I clicked on that link 2 hours later, and the wind's road made me jump out of my chair!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Old Glory's holding-up pretty well.  O0

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 13, 2018, 06:18:06 PM
Old Glory's holding-up pretty well.  O0

I don't think your browser is updating properly....  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Centurion40

Best of luck to y'all in the path of the storm.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Ubercat

Camera has lost its picture. You can still hear it.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

I listened for about 3 seconds and it almost drove me more insane.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I've been watching a lot of this in lieu of the Weather Channel.  I like how this channel has a quad thing going.  They had that Frying Pan Reef cam live in one corner for quite a while today.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I think the flagstaff thing held together pretty well considering. I have a 12 ft. aluminium flagpole in my backyard and the first serious thunderstorm that came by the wind bent it.  :o  Now if it's bad weather I take my flag down.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys