Whoever is running Wendy's Twitter account...

Started by bayonetbrant, January 05, 2017, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Wow, I forgot about Braum's! I used to eat there when I was at the Academy in OKC. Great burgers!  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2018, 08:15:01 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on March 16, 2018, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 15, 2018, 02:05:49 PM
Whataburger beats em all.

What he said. And a double meat Whataburger with jalapenos to rule them all!

Dude, you're in Oklahoma. Go eat at Braum's.

I drive past two Braum's getting to my Whataburger. It's not an accident. I like Braums, especially their fries, but their burgers just aren't in the same league as Whataburger. Braum's is better than Sonic though, another local chain that is everywhere in OKC.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on March 16, 2018, 08:20:54 AM
Wow, I forgot about Braum's! I used to eat there when I was at the Academy in OKC. Great burgers!  :smitten:

There used to be one diagonal across the intersection outside my high school (and we had an open campus for lunch).  There were many bacon-burgers with a caramel malt that were put down there my senior year.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 16, 2018, 08:51:18 AM
I drive past two Braum's getting to my Whataburger. It's not an accident. I like Braums, especially their fries, but their burgers just aren't in the same league as Whataburger.

Things much have seriously changed since I live in Oklahoma then, because Whataburger used to be cardboard-shingles-and-too-much-mustard, and Braum's were fresh off the grill behind the counter.  Twice as thick and twice as much flavor.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Braum's hasn't kept up, even from when I lived in OKC previously. We do love their fries and their ice cream, and yeah, the burger patties are good local beef, but it seems a stale bun is more the rule than not and if you hit them at lunch time, good luck with (1) getting your burger the way you ordered it or (2) getting hot fries. Too many people working for Braums just don't seem to care.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on March 16, 2018, 08:20:54 AMwhen I was at the Academy in OKC

I'm guessing Air Traffic Control school?  When were you there?

Gusington

I would fear being around any of you after 'a double meat and jalapenos.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 16, 2018, 09:40:32 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 16, 2018, 08:20:54 AMwhen I was at the Academy in OKC

I'm guessing Air Traffic Control school?  When were you there?

I wish. No, it was various Radar systems, ARTS, basic electronics courses, etc. Off and on I was there for around 2 years total. It was in the 90s.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Just wondering - my uncle was at ATC school in 89, while we were stationed down the road at Ft Sill.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on March 16, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
I would fear being around any of you after 'a double meat and jalapenos.'

Why? I'm a happy man afterwards. Granted, you might not want to be in a car with me and the windows rolled up because....jalapenos!   :o

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Having never eaten at Braums' or Whattaburger, I'll stick with Five Guys as the best in my experience.  :notworthy:

Still, even if the former two are now apparently in decline, I'll keep them in a corner of my mind somewhere for reference if I'm traveling outside the area (or if they move into Jackson metro).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2018, 12:41:08 PM
Dude...dude

Is this about preferring Burger King to Wendys, or about the noodle in the eustacian tube?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 14, 2018, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PMthat slogan, where's the beef, is a new one on me.

that slogan is older than you are....

it's famous in the US from the 1984 presidential election when Walter Mondale used it to describe Reagan's tax plan and then it became a running gag that everyone made fun of Mondale for

That definitely explains why I've never heard of it before then, wasn't born  ::) that's some cool political info as well, thanks for that :) The first thing that pops into my head when I hear Reagan mentioned is his political relationship with Margaret Thatcher. It was always well publicised in the UK as being very amicable and friendly.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog