Which Country Is It?

Started by LongBlade, October 14, 2015, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Supposedly a diplomat from an EU nation confessed that his government is convinced Obama isn't fit for office.

I don't subscribe to that explanation, and I question whether an entire government thinks that, but just for fun I'm running a poll to see which country we think is most likely to have made this comment.

Extra points for hilarious comments.

QuoteA former NSA intelligence analyst has claimed that a senior European diplomat told him that the entire government of a European country considers president Obama to be literally mentally unwell.

John Schindler, a security expert and whistleblower who now writes for The Daily Beast, has claimed that a senior EU official from an undisclosed country also inquired about impeachment proceedings, saying that the nation believes Obama is not fit for office.

Schindler tweeted out the revelation Monday:

Had a senior EU diplomat, old friend, ask me today, "How does your impeachment work? My government believes Obama is quite mentally unwell."

— John Schindler (@20committee) October 12, 2015

The wording indicates that the opinion is not that of a single person, but rather the whole government of whichever European country the diplomat is from.

source: http://www.infowars.com/eu-diplomat-my-government-believes-obama-is-quite-mentally-unwell/

BTW, you can change your vote if new evidence surfaces ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

I didn't see an "All of the above" choice, so I picked France. :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on October 14, 2015, 04:27:57 PM
I didn't see an "All of the above" choice...

LOL.  Yeah.

You'd think the delusional behavior pretty obvious.

LongBlade

Gusington

I'm thinking of moving to Malta.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on October 14, 2015, 06:23:31 PM

It's gotta be them. They have that tiny island all to themselves. They probably mutter crap like that under their breath all the time. Island fever and all.

Sir Slash

I picked Ireland because whiskey makes you smart. And women look better at closing time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

I went with Poland. After watching all the waffling on the Ukraine crisis the Poles have probably dug a giant antitank ditch from the Baltic all the way to the Czech Republic.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

I vote Germany because they are a tough people and Obama is about as tough as thrice-used toilet paper hung out to dry  :o

undercovergeek

ive gone romania - i figure that kind of talk is an eastern european iron curtain kind of talk

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 15, 2015, 05:52:54 AM
ive gone romania - i figure that kind of talk is an eastern european iron curtain kind of talk

For some reason I was thinking Bulgaria. You never hear much about them these days.

But Malta...Malta is so small and innocent out there. It's quiet. Too quiet.

Centurion40

Good idea.  Nice climate.

I voted Estonia, although my first reaction was Poland.  Clearly the comment came from a nation with a young diplomatic corps, and with a country that probably wants a strong US President on foreign policy to help protect them from the bear.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Windigo

I went with Romania... IMO the most backward EU country out their with lots of experience in having batshit crazy leadership.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Atilla60

Considering the Ukrainian crisis, it's definitely an eastern European country. It must be.
I place my bet on Estonia.
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Silent Disapproval Robot

You have to keep a keen eye out for migratory Germans in the skies over Malta.