Combat mission fortress Italy - Rome to victory

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 29, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Elvis

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 29, 2019, 06:55:53 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 28, 2019, 04:37:15 PM
Quote from: Elvis on November 28, 2019, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 28, 2019, 09:05:51 AM
in what way?  is it coming out this weekend?  or still no where ready?

Yes.

For pre orders only or everyone ?

Re-read the questions I replied to. :)

Or just provide a direct simple response to the potential customer which would have taken you the same amount of time to type as your response......you have to admit this release has been far from clear and accurate to date so hard to blame anyone for not knowing how things will happen.

Really not trying to be difficult at all (actually like the games themselves), but not sure why everything around these games seem so hard......

RyanE

"is it coming out this weekend?  or still no where ready?"

Which question was answered yes to...they seem contradictory.  Talk about unsimple answers for a few simple questions.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on November 29, 2019, 08:31:16 AM

Which question was answered yes to...they seem contradictory.  Talk about unsimple answers for a few simple questions.

I was making a joke. Being intentionally cheeky. I used to tell my staff in my old job that if I ever say "am I right or am I wrong?" always answer "yes".

For what it's worth...any straight up announcement for a specific release date will be made on the Battlefront forum first (obviously). But I will say this. Pre-orders will be shipped for, at least, a coupla/few hours before any public statement will be made. This is done for 2 reasons...First, it gives the pre-order people access to download with the least amount of server traffic. And, secondly, if something catastrophic happens with the upload, links and all of the other bits that are involved with a release, there is a chance to fix it before opening the doors for new orders.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 29, 2019, 09:16:42 AM

I was making a joke. Being intentionally cheeky. I used to tell my staff in my old job that if I ever say "am I right or am I wrong?" always answer "yes".

For what it's worth...any straight up announcement for a specific release date will be made on the Battlefront forum first (obviously). But I will say this. Pre-orders will be shipped for, at least, a coupla/few hours before any public statement will be made. This is done for 2 reasons...First, it gives the pre-order people access to download with the least amount of server traffic. And, secondly, if something catastrophic happens with the upload, links and all of the other bits that are involved with a release, there is a chance to fix it before opening the doors for new orders.

Really?  So all your last few comments have been a joke so really no shot at this weekend (I am sure you'll just say your answer was vague and not any kind of real answer anyway)?  If that is the case, not sure how that is really funny under the circumstances and why was needed.

Just shaking my head around the continued failure around this release and now has just become a joke.....sigh.

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 29, 2019, 09:24:40 AM

Really?  So all your last few comments have been a joke so really no shot at this weekend (I am sure you'll just say your answer was vague and not any kind of real answer anyway)?  If that is the case, not sure how that is really funny under the circumstances and why was needed.

Just shaking my head around the continued failure around this release and now has just become a joke.....sigh.

I apologize if I've hurt your feelings. It wasn't my intention.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 29, 2019, 09:29:17 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 29, 2019, 09:24:40 AM

I apologize if I've hurt your feelings. It wasn't my intention.

My feelings aren't hurt, but people like me are looking for "legitimate" information from a company's spoke person, not a bunch of riddles to try and get any kind of answers, especially when the people eventually are looking to spend money with your company....

Elvis

You're right. Saying nothing should be the preferred method over trying to be lighthearted. They both deliver the same amount of information that is ready to be released. One offends and the other doesn't. (or maybe the silence offends as well.....tough to say)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on November 29, 2019, 09:41:22 AM
You're right. Saying nothing should be the preferred method over trying to be lighthearted. They both deliver the same amount of information that is ready to be released. One offends and the other doesn't. (or maybe the silence offends as well.....tough to say)

How are those equal?  Intentionally delivering vague/misleading/lighthearted information is not the same as either delivering information that simply says "date unknown" (which most people think anyway since 3-4 months late with it being close many times) or not saying anything (which doesn't lead to wrong/misleading information)....

At this moment based on all this crazy communication, I am still not sure if there really is any chance for this weekend (since it contradicts your post in the battlefront forums) or whether the date is truly unknown.

LoganismyHERO

I have to chime in here because Elvis's comments are a HUGE red flag for me.

I'm a potential customer and I've been looking at jumping into this series (CMFI), however, I'm a little worried at the comments that Elvis has made on this thread. I get being "funny" on a forum but if you represent Battlefront and you're trying to be cheeky to customers (or potential one's like me) don't. It's not funny. Not in the slightest.

I know that if I need tips/tricks at the like there is the Battlefront forums and while there are some really douchy, elitist snobs there with a tactical genius like 2x4's lodged up their asses, there are even more kind people who take the time to help out noobs like myself. However, if I need customer service, then I have to rely on the BF people and if this is the kind of attitude they have, no thanks.

Just my .02c, and while I'm here can the people who own the game chime on on their customer service experience? What little I've read, it's so-so.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on November 29, 2019, 10:13:00 AM
I have to chime in here because Elvis's comments are a HUGE red flag for me.

I'm a potential customer and I've been looking at jumping into this series (CMFI), however, I'm a little worried at the comments that Elvis has made on this thread. I get being "funny" on a forum but if you represent Battlefront and you're trying to be cheeky to customers (or potential one's like me) don't. It's not funny. Not in the slightest.

I know that if I need tips/tricks at the like there is the Battlefront forums and while there are some really douchy, elitist snobs there with a tactical genius like 2x4's lodged up their asses, there are even more kind people who take the time to help out noobs like myself. However, if I need customer service, then I have to rely on the BF people and if this is the kind of attitude they have, no thanks.

Just my .02c, and while I'm here can the people who own the game chime on on their customer service experience? What little I've read, it's so-so.

Even with the poor customer communication and late release dates, I have never had an issue with actually getting any official support issues or questions resolved.  No complaints there.  Also enjoy the games and own every one of them, but does get tiring the effort one has to go through sometimes (and I am not even going to go down the road of the crazy DRM---I have accepted it and I still buy regardless).

A Canadian Cat

OMG are you guys for real?
BFC has a solid policy of releasing product when it is ready. They don't give solid dates they never have. Whenever they give an approximate date they always favour quality over hitting some arbitrary date.
Customers should be happy with that. We should be cheering BFC for their high standards. Sure this release has been delayed more than usual but come on, don't we all have some other war game to play? Likely something else from BFC.
Or heck there is always the very groggy GTA that you can fire up.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on November 29, 2019, 11:21:34 AM
OMG are you guys for real?
BFC has a solid policy of releasing product when it is ready. They don't give solid dates they never have. Whenever they give an approximate date they always favour quality over hitting some arbitrary date.
Customers should be happy with that. We should be cheering BFC for their high standards. Sure this release has been delayed more than usual but come on, don't we all have some other war game to play? Likely something else from BFC.
Or heck there is always the very groggy GTA that you can fire up.

Are you for real?  Only time you show up over here is to defend them and you do the same on the official forums....I certainly get your point, but maybe you should also get other people's points and just agree that not everyone has to agree with one another.

Regardless, read the the thread more....the delayed release was not the main issue (as Elvis would put it, became a monthly joke/lighthearted discussion), as usual the communication was more the topic.