New Matrix Games Forum

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 14, 2021, 05:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Looks like they are working towards a new forum, right now you can't post there but they are syncing content from the old forum while they test it.  Haven't played with it much but won't take a lot to be an improvement and hopefully they merge with the other slitherine forum instead of having two.

Hi all,

we have been talking for a long time about it but we finally have something ready for you to test. The new Matrix Forum is available at:
https://forum.matrixgames.com/index.php

At the moment you can login and view posts but in order to keep the old and the new forum synchronised you cannot post in the new forum. Please post your feedback in this thread to let us know what you like, don't like, any bugs or suggest improvements.

Remember you cannot post in the new forum, only here. That is not a bug! :)

The new forum synchs every 5 mins or so, so you will notice a delay between messages posted to the old forum appearing in the new forum. This also is not a bug.

As it is built on completely new tech there are going to be things that behave differently so keep an open mind. We have tried to make it as as familiar as possible to existing users but you may have to change how you do certain things but the overall experience should be greatly improved and it is based on currently supported technology that will be regularly upgraded. The old system has to go so its just a matter of which new system replaces it!

Please give it a try if you get a chance and let us know your thoughts, we really appreciate any feedback!

The Matrix Games Team

Redwolf

And they change to an open source software for the forum so that the rug cannot be pulled from under them again.

Interesting to see. But phpBB doesn't have all the functionality of their old system. And I bet their IT people will not install a forwarder so that old links stay valid.

Rayfer

World in Flames...the majority consensus says this game is, at best, pretty bad, maybe even awful...made worse by no AI.  But it's on sale for $20.00...tempting just to see what it's all about.  Please, talk me out of it. Please.   :idiot2:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on December 14, 2021, 06:13:17 PM
World in Flames...the majority consensus says this game is, at best, pretty bad, maybe even awful...made worse by no AI.  But it's on sale for $20.00...tempting just to see what it's all about.  Please, talk me out of it. Please.   :idiot2:

I'll help you....I wouldn't give them a dime for that game...ranks neat top of my biggest mistakes based on how they handled the disaster release

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 14, 2021, 06:45:11 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 14, 2021, 06:13:17 PM

I'll help you....I wouldn't give them a dime for that game...ranks neat top of my biggest mistakes based on how they handled the disaster release

Thanks GR...Got over it. I'm moving on.