Xcom: Enemy Unknown for Android

Started by PAK, May 30, 2014, 04:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAK

Xcom:EU by 2K has been ported to Android devices.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tt2kgames.xcomeu

Unfortunately it is not compatible with my Asus MemoPad FHD10, wonder why?

James Sterrett

It's incompatible with a wide variety of tablet,s apparently (they decided it was incompatible with mine week after I bought it; it would run for ~10 minutes and then die.   :P  )

My guess - an extremely cynical one given the history above - is that they have bugs with some hardware and it's easier to declare incompatibility than to fix it.

PAK

Quote from: James Sterrett on May 30, 2014, 08:22:49 AM
It's incompatible with a wide variety of tablet,s apparently (they decided it was incompatible with mine week after I bought it; it would run for ~10 minutes and then die.   :P  )

Did they give You a refund?
I've asked 2k whether they consider making Xcom compatible with my Asus, all I got as an answer was that there are no information to release on the topic, they thank me for my interest in their games and I should tune to their Twitter account for any announcement. Polite version of: we don't give a s....t about your problems.  :buck2:
Pity, tablet port of the new Xcom would be an instant buy for me, but I would gladly stick to the good, old OpenXcom android-port.

James Sterrett

Quote from: PAK on May 31, 2014, 07:23:40 AM
Quote from: James Sterrett on May 30, 2014, 08:22:49 AM

Did they give You a refund?

Of course not!

James Sterrett

Finally tried it on my phone (HTC One), where it runs well, but it's hard to see well on a small screen!