Main Menu

Born on the FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Battletech, destiny2, DCS in preparation for the F18 and Persian gulf map. Enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Field of Glory 2...I can't control myself.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Great tune.  O0

Painting the fence, repairing the fence, cleaning the pool will take up most of the weekend.

PBEM Genesis still continuing... Egypt still hampered by inbred Kings vengful Gods....

PBEM Jena KS.... still nearing the end... I think...

New patches for Civ VI and Battletech to try out.

Jarhead0331

Oh...and maybe some Power & Revolution if I can get my focus on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

Saturday 6 mile walk and then beer session and Chinese takeaway, Sunday will try and fit in some Battletech... last day of the English Football season (Come on Saints) so possibly more beer ;)

joram

Battletech.  Battletech!  BATTLETECH!!

jamus34

God you guys are killing my willpower to hold off purchasing Battletech.

Another weekend of kids sports. Additionally it's supposed to be unseasonably cool and raining Sunday so I think I'll make a batch of chili and (with my daughters help) cornbread.

As far as gaming probably Monster Hunter World with what time I may get. Although I'm on the Diablos mission and he is kicking the everliving shit outta me.
Insert witty comment here.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Lost a good buddy and my chief wargaming opponent to cancer on Tuesday so a few of us are going to get together, hoist some pints and roll some dice in a few of his favourite games tonight. 

Finally finished painting my Descent minis so we're goung to start a coop campaign using the app (I've bought 3 more expansions so I have another 41 minis to do.)

Going across the border to pick up an order of Wings of Glory WWI minis this morning.  I added in an in-Sale copy of The Thing: Something-something Outpost 31 in order to get free shipping so we might give that a whirl.  I watched some let's play videos and read the rules for it.  Looks a bit too light for my tastes but it does have a Wilford Brimley mini so it can't be all bad.

Maybe some Battletech.  Still stuck on that one story mission though...

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 11, 2018, 08:25:52 AM
Lost a good buddy and my chief wargaming opponent to cancer on Tuesday so a few of us are going to get together, hoist some pints and roll some dice in a few of his favourite games tonight. 

So sorry to hear that. Sounds like a good way to remember him
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Sorry to hear that SDR. I read about that earlier on FB from Rob Bottos. Wondered if you knew Mike.  :(

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2018, 07:01:37 AM
Great tune.  O0

Painting the fence, repairing the fence, cleaning the pool will take up most of the weekend.

PBEM Genesis still continuing... Egypt still hampered by inbred Kings vengful Gods....

PBEM Jena KS.... still nearing the end... I think...

New patches for Civ VI and Battletech to try out.

Going to New Mexico for a week or two.  No games unless my sister hauls out the Settlers of Catan thing or something.

Dammit Carl!

Rain has put a damper (hah) on yardwork for me for the past week, so I'm trying to glare at the grass enough to wither it down - to no avail so far.  Sigh.

Otherwise, I think I'll read more than game this weekend; I've been on a Call of Cthulhu kick as of late and plenty of 7th edition stuff to look at as well as the "newer," Delta Green books; I never had CoC stuff outside of the d20 version, so it's sorta new to me, I guess.

I'm playing Ghost Recon Wildlands and liking it. I kinda wish they'd have done The Division with similar shooting/injury mechanics to an extent.  Really need to buckle down on the missions rather than just run 'round and shoot the gang boys, I guess.

Have fun, folks, and keep it between the ditches.

p.s. Sorry, SDR.

Cyrano

@SDR:  Our friends, gaming and otherwise (though particularly gaming), are precious.  Like anything, we never notice until they're gone.  R.I.P.

JTS X 3 with Doug

Another FoGII TOURNAMENT.  I've been in the top half.  I have scented the glory.  I can't quit now.

SpyParty with my son.  THIS is a fun game.

C&C:N prep for Origins

GLOOMHAVEN.  Prestige makes things expensive.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on May 11, 2018, 08:31:17 AM
Sorry to hear that SDR. I read about that earlier on FB from Rob Bottos. Wondered if you knew Mike.  :(

Yeah, known him since high school.  He's the one who got me into Harpoon and Larry Bond novels at the time.  We lost touch when he moved to China and me to Japan but happened to meet again by chance at Bottos's convention a few years back.  Mike had already been battling cancer for a decade at that point but it never slowed him down or got him down right until the end.  Great guy, great attitude and the only guy I know who would geek out as hard as me whenever Paul Allen but get another bit of a Lancaster bomber for display as his museum down in Everett, WA.  I was able to visit him at the hospice on Tuesday before he passed and say my goodbyes.

As a bonus, Mike was a well known and respected photographer so could be counted on to introduce you to some hotties.  Here's some of his work (NSFW).

https://www.instagram.com/mikecordiez/