Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
^Never had that one before. I'm getting in ok. Maybe delete and reinstall the game launcher?
Deleting the data.p4k file worked  O0
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

3.4 is out for everyone apparently. Dredd it's time to patch again :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Destraex on December 21, 2018, 04:48:20 PM
lol

I think that may have downloaded earlier  :hide:
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 21, 2018, 04:55:44 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 21, 2018, 04:48:20 PM
lol

I think that may have downloaded earlier  :hide:

It did...your screenshot showed you were running 3.4.0 live.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Frame rates are significantly better in 3.4, but I'm still finding simple delivery missions buggy...they all seem to be borked in one way or another.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Dredd. For the record. I had a little look at 3.4 and yeah, there seems to be something different about the atmospheric flight mechanics especially. I found taking off from port olisar to be a strange affair the first time. But it seems to have cleared up. I found getting out of the chair and getting back in for some things cleared them especially if I got stuck in particular camera modes. But then I would lose my waypoint.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on December 22, 2018, 05:53:37 PM
Dredd. For the record. I had a little look at 3.4 and yeah, there seems to be something different about the atmospheric flight mechanics especially. I found taking off from port olisar to be a strange affair the first time. But it seems to have cleared up. I found getting out of the chair and getting back in for some things cleared them especially if I got stuck in particular camera modes. But then I would lose my waypoint.

There are definitely bugs, even with 3.4.1. I've had problems with the mobi-glass map and setting waypoints too. I've heard strange sounds during flight and I've had issues controlling focus. Finally, the simple delivery missions are still borked. This is the biggest thing holding enjoyment of the game back at this point. They MUST prioritize these fixes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 22, 2018, 06:32:18 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 22, 2018, 05:53:37 PM

There are definitely bugs, even with 3.4.1. I've had problems with the mobi-glass map and setting waypoints too. I've heard strange sounds during flight and I've had issues controlling focus. Finally, the simple delivery missions are still borked. This is the biggest thing ho
lding enjoyment of the game back at this point. They MUST prioritize these fixes.
Is the mobi-glass bug where something just white and spherical is sitting in front of you? Yeah - got that.
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Have never seen that one dredd

Jarhead0331

I'll say there is a disappointing amount of bugs in the 3.4.1 build. I do not think they should have released it from the PTU, but I guess they wanted to do it before Christmas.

I'm having trouble retrieving ships at times, delivery missions are all over the place...some times they work, sometimes they don't. It is totally hit or miss. Mobi-glass issues...I'm really looking forward to 3.4.2. It better fix some of this stuff.

That being said, performance-wise...couldn't ask for anything more. Its fantastic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Wow. Deja vu. I feel exactly the same way about the latest live build, 3.5.0, as I did about 3.4.1. The newest build was in the PTU for a long time and had approximately 25 patches before it went live. So Emory the missions, planets and landing zones are really impressive. But man, the bugs...last night I went on a delivery mission that was so frustrating. Flew from Port Olisar to Yela to pick up a package and then proceeded to fly 41,000,000 km to the drop off location on Wala near Arcorp. Flight took around 30 minutes and then. Moments from touchdown at my destination... CTD! Ugh.

Anyway, when they get the bugs worked out it'll be awesome...by the time they get 3.5 mostly sorted out, 3.6 will be landing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

What do you want for 7+ years and $200M+, an actual working game?!  ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Geezer on April 22, 2019, 09:55:20 AM
What do you want for 7+ years and $200M+, an actual working game?!  ;)

Yeah...I hear you. I've avoided being much of a detractor because the proof of concept is more than there and the potential of the game and its systems are near revolutionary. But yeah, even I am starting to get irritated.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Free Fly Weekend

Tomorrow, Cloud Imperium will make Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 free to download and play for any player to celebrate the launch of Star Citizen's city-covered planet, ArcCorp. First revealed at CitizenCon 2017, ArcCorp is a massive planet almost entirely covered in man-made structures. Players on ArcCorp will travel the bustling plazas and neon-hued alleys of Area18 (the planet's main landing zone), uncover local urban culture, meet colorful locals, and find new ways to make in-game credits.

To celebrate, Cloud Imperium Games will launch a "Free Fly" event encompassing five ships that bring the Star Citizen experience to life. During the promotion, it will be free for anyone to join the Star Citizen Persistent Universe and play across Star Citizen's more than 30 varying mission types, 10 traversable moons, several "rest stops" and more.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/events/star-citizen-announces-alpha-3-5-free-fly-beginning-wednesday-may-1