[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 09, 2017, 04:39:37 AM
Nefaro needs to get cracking here. We're waiting for his pretender.  :)

Sorry guys.  Didn't realize this was a go now.  :o

Have the chosen nations been updated in the first post?  I'm only seeing two.  Need to know which are already taken so I don't double-up, right?

EDIT:

Umm.. on second thought.. this is purely Co-op versus the AI?  Think I'll duck out on this one.   I'm certainly no Dom veteran, but I'll wait for a future PvP one. 

Continue on without me! 

JasonPratt

{shrug} Nefaro could be the leader of some AI disciples.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Ok Nef, so be it.
Lets see if this will run with proper AI factions...

Pressing the red button in 3...2...1
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

I dont think it works.
Llamaserver only reports 6 players. And we are all in one team. I highly doubt the system fills in the rest with AI nations.
Lets see what the first turn gives, but otherwise I am not sure how we could make this work in the format we want.
The only way is to upload pretenders for all AI nations as I suspected earlier and make those players AI controlled.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Let's continue the experiment. I'm feel pretty confident there are AI pretender builds around in the last and easiest resort; in the other last resort, I'll build some, once I get a list of excluded factions for sure (because we've already chosen ours).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jamus34

Ok, submitted first turn...let's see how this works.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I spent most of last night trying to deal with a old and new iPhones (badly), so didn't get my turn in yet. Will do so tonight I hope!

JasonPratt

First turn sent. I'm nestled in the mountains in the far northwest corner of the map (not quite on the shore's edge). I can see what seems to be a throne a few territories east of me across the mountains and a river, on the upper map edge.

JasonPratt

Well, second turn arrived this morning (about 4:15am local time). Is there a way to tell what it did with AI pretenders, if anything?  ???

Yskonyn

There is only one pretender nation (you can check in the Pretenders Overview menu), that's Nefaro's abandoned nation.
There is no use continueing this game I am afraid, so I'll end it.

Please let me know what you guys want.

a)everybody uploads two pretenders, one for his played nation and one for an AI nation.

b)we restart as a PvP game and try to get Nef back in.

c)we quit altogether.

jamus34

I'm willing to go PvP but I'm still a relative noob so I might get rolfstomped if I'm put against / near an experienced opponent.

Edited because posting from cell phones suck ass

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

If you've updated the factions chosen by all human players in the first post, I'll start making AIs to fill out the list! Oh, also let me know how to upload an AI pretender.

Edited: wait, I see the update in the first post. Let me know how to upload AI pretenders (and how to set the disciples to masters or whatever, so they can also have teams).

mkivcs

Likewise happy to go PvP if it gains us another player, not really bothered about anyone wiping me out as I manage to do a pretty good job of that on my own.  If majority want to stick with AI that's fine as well.

Yskonyn

Jason, the pretender sending is exactly the same as you would normally do, the only caveat I can think of is that Llamaserver might force you to use a seperate email address for each pretender, to fool the system in thinking its a seperate player. But I haven't checked.
I mean, I did revert Nefaro's nation to my email address as well, so the system might be ok with one player playing more nations effectively.

The way it works is that we upload pretenders for as many AI nations as we want, just like we would be human players.
When the first turn gets sent out, you load the game with your AI nation and in the game menu (while in game with the turn loaded) you have the option to revert the nation to AI.

This will make the game have several AI nations, which the admins can group into a team if need be.

Yskonyn

All_Hail_Grogdom is ready to accept pretenders again!
I'll upload my two in a minute; Man and C'tis