"Feeling Old" 2018 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

On the bright side, you're alive so that you can feel old.  I had just started to play wargames (Blitzkrieg) about that time. 

Greybriar

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I expected to be killed during my tour of duty in Vietnam and feel that I have been living on borrowed time ever since.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Holy crap. I remember all the parties people we're throwing at bars in Monterey when I was working at Kinko's.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

People threw Seinfeld parties?  ???
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on May 13, 2018, 07:06:56 PM
People threw Seinfeld parties?  ???

I think every bar in walking distance of my Kinko's branch down in New Monterey had a party for the Seinfeld finale.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Wow! Poor Kramer. I bet time has not been good to him.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Never got into Seinfeld.

I've been re-watching Night Court in memory of Harry Anderson's passing. Really surprised how many cameos were on this one, both major and minor...Don Cheadle, Nana Visitor, most of the actors from Not Necessarily The News, Gary Grossman (the little creepy shrimp/dork from Bachelor Party), and several others.

Gusington

WOW Not Necessarily the News!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Yep. Sans Rich Hall, the Sniglets guy. I've seen Stuart Pankin a couple of times, Anne Bloom once, and Mitchell Lawrence several times.

Barthheart

Brent Spiner shows up as a semi-regular.

BanzaiCat

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Brent. They even had them buying the news stand in the cafeteria but then they mysteriously disappeared. I think that might have had something to do with Brent moving on to TNG.

bayonetbrant

Gusington

The Wife is similar and loses her mind in a bad way if Curb Your Enthusiasm is ever on the tv.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd