"Feeling Old" 2018 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I had been called 'Butthead' so many times I nearly copy write sued over that show.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

That's twice in one post! Don't say it again or else he will..... you know what.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That will summon extra-dimensional dongles.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Boggit

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2018, 09:27:13 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 09, 2018, 07:00:09 AM
My eyesight stabilized several years ago. Doc says I'm a perfect candidate for Lasik but I'm not sure I want to take the chance.

I had mine back in '07.  I'm glad I did, tho now I wear a light prescription for driving at night.

That said, the Lasik procedure was the most terrifying thing I've ever gone thru.  It is truly scary as shit.
I know very little about the procedure other than what the TV ads say.

Once it is done, is it all over with? Does your vision not deteriorate after it is done, and also does it not make patients more vulnerable to macular problems with the retina leading to poor vision in the longer term? I just don't know, and wondered about this as I thought about going through this procedure. I'm just concerned if it can just make things worse in the long term?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Greybriar

Fifty years ago today, on 8 April 1968, I reported in at Oakland, California for deployment to Vietnam. While it doesn't seem like yesterday, it doesn't seem like it's been 50 years ago either!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

Quote from: Greybriar on April 08, 2018, 07:44:13 AM
Fifty years ago today, on 8 April 1968, I reported in at Oakland, California for deployment to Vietnam. While it doesn't seem like yesterday, it doesn't seem like it's been 50 years ago either!

I think you just won the thread.

Ubercat

I was born the month before you left.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

I had only just emigrated to the USA two years earlier, at 3 years old.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

My brother served in Vietnam. Thank you both for your service.  O0

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Ubercat on April 08, 2018, 02:03:16 PM

I was born the month before you left.

My parents hadn't met yet when you left :-"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

I was born in Oakland (Oak Knoll Naval Hospital) 7 years to the month before you left.