Boardgame Silver Bayonet GMT - Plus info on Solitaire games

Started by demjansk1942, February 27, 2017, 05:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demjansk1942

I just bought this game on Amazon and just read the book for a second time.  I was wondering, any ideas on which game for the computer has this battle?

Thanks

Plus - I have the original Ambush game and I would like to get a solitaire game.  I have a load of games on the computer but was just looking for something different.  What do you guys think is one of the best ones?  I will play any time frame.
Thanks

bayonetbrant

Depends on what you're looking for in a solitaire game - DVG's "Leader" series (except Tiger Leader) have a great reputation.

If you a broader scale, I'm a big fan of the VPG "States of Siege" series

If you can find it, Patton's Best has been a bit of a 'grail game' for a lot of people over the years

And if want to track it down, there's a print-and-play version of Airborne in your Pocket that can tide you over until the printed one finallyever releases
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42651/airborne-your-pocket-free-trial-version
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

All of what Brant said, but the jury's out for me, still, on Tiger Leader, if they can provide decent fixables for it in Sherman Leader. Though I get how a lot of people are done with that as it is.

Patton's Best is great - I own a copy of it and won't part with it. And States of Siege are fun games - there's a couple of AARs floating around on the forums here somewhere.

Rekim

Fields of Fire is a GMT wargame with similarities to Ambush (Squad level, WW2+, solitaire, Out-of-print  ;) ). Fields of Fire is scheduled for reprint in May 2017 which is a bonus as most of the popular solitaire games seem to be long out of print and demand big $$$ for a used copy. The learning curve is steeper for Fields of Fire than with Ambush but is far superior in the replayability department.

demjansk1942

Thanks guys, I had Pattons Best at one time but sold it.  I guess it's the computer for games and it's the easiest plus my cats won't eat the pieces.