Main Menu

Civil War 1863

Started by Bismarck, November 19, 2012, 09:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

This nice tactical game for IOS 5 or higher is much more sophisticated than Hunted Cow Studios' earlier Tank Battle game. I recommend it.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/civil-war-1863-ios-game-review.htm
Jim Cobb

Zulu1966

This must be what Hex War dropped field of glory development for then?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Shelldrake

Looks interesting. Do you know if it is available for android?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bismarck

Quote from: Shelldrake on November 20, 2012, 08:34:06 AM
Looks interesting. Do you know if it is available for android?

It's not.
Jim Cobb

Nikodil

Does the game represent the different weapon systems well enough?

I've played some Tank Battle 1944 and felt that the game mechanics were a bit too simplistic. It didn't quite feel that tanks, infantry and guns were different enough for proper combined arms tactics.

Bismarck

I agree with you 100% about TB 1944.  CW 1863 is a bit better but not much. Cavalry has shorter range and experience affects performance.
Jim Cobb

Nikodil

I've tried CE 1863 now, and you're right, it's much better, but not that much. The mechanics reflects all weapons systems of that era, and the health/damage aspect feels more appropriate too.

My 7 year old daughter tried TB1944 the other day and liked it, so it might be a good introduction game for young aspiring wargamers. Then she found Total War Battles and got hooked winning over me (at least until I learned how to use the cannons). I reluctantly have to admit that the multiplayer mode of Total War Battles is quite fun.

Bismarck

Hunted Cow Studios emailed me about iOS game Battle Dungeon, a future TB North Africa and an unnamed Roman game.
Jim Cobb