Main Menu

Rule the Waves 2

Started by solops, June 05, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 22, 2019, 04:57:26 PM
Delayed about a month.....

**Message from the company**

I have just finished a meeting with Fredrik & Christopher Dean, and I have also have consulted with our excellent Beta Team members that us help test the RTW2 game. Below is a summary of what we have decided upon for the near future as far as RTW2 is concerned:

1) RTW2 will be released on May 17 (of this year, of course). This is a solid launch date, not an 'estimated' launch date.   This gives us plenty of time to test the latest added features and related aspects of the game, and also to allow for the completion of item #2 below...

2) NWS Store operations will be moved to a more modern/updated hosting service prior to the RTW2 release.

3) A playable demo of RTW2 will be released to the general public 2-3 days prior to the official launch date.

I know some of you will be disappointed in this ~3 week addition to the release date, for that I am sorry. However, in the end it will allow us to better organize our operations at NWS, and also allow for the Beta testers and Fredrik to make the game more solid and enjoyable for you, the players. Thank you for your patience and time, we appreciate both of them.

At least they're giving us a demo.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

steve58

Ack.  Was looking forward to getting thi one this week.  Too bad they wont release the demo this week...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

A playable demo is a great idea.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

free demo out today, then full game release planned still on 17th.  on the 16th new storefront will go live.  this demo will need to blow me away to make me purchase this game with yet another drm licensing process that will tie the game to a pc and require exchanging registration numbers with the company to make it work.  although there are worst drm methods out there and i am sure it's an easy process, just not sure i won't to deal with this stuff anymore.....unless demo really shines that much.

Sir Slash

Thanks for the, 'Heads-up' Reaper.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 14, 2019, 05:29:36 AM
free demo out today, then full game release planned still on 17th.  on the 16th new storefront will go live.  this demo will need to blow me away to make me purchase this game with yet another drm licensing process that will tie the game to a pc and require exchanging registration numbers with the company to make it work.  although there are worst drm methods out there and i am sure it's an easy process, just not sure i won't to deal with this stuff anymore.....unless demo really shines that much.

DEMO at last!  O0
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Grim.Reaper

this posted about drm being used.....still think more work than it needs to be, but they have their reason.  still on fence.

In short the APS is a system where the game executable is protected and will require activation after a period, and will need to be re-activated if it is moved to another PC without a proper transfer.

A) You will not need to be online to play the game, you will only need to send your site/machine codes in and receive an activation and serial code to activate the game.
B) You will be able to play for 3 days without activating the game after you first install it, so you can play the game even if you have to wait a bit for your activation code/serial number.
C) You will not have to re-activate the game each time you play, and will only need to re-activate if you make very major changes to your current machine or transfer the game to another machine. You will not need to reactivate for each normal game update.
D) You will receive a separate serial code for the game when you receive your activation code from NWS - this serial code will not be required to initially install the game on your computer, but will be required when you activate or transfer the game.
E) You may transfer your license from one machine to another without involving NWS or having to send us any information - the game can be de-activated on one machine and then activated on another up to 3 times per license.
F) We will also allow for activation of the game on 2 machines simultaneously - just install the game on the second machine and send a request for a second activation for that machine; that way you can have the game on your home computer and on a laptop or other machine at the same time. This second license can be transferred to a new machine up to 3 times as well.

When you install the game it will have two PDF files that detail the simple steps needed to activate the game, and also the steps needed to transfer the game to another machine. Anyone with any activation or transfer issues can contact us either via email or via these forums and we will of course assist you in resolving the issue.

Thanks!

Grim.Reaper

and release info update

UPDATE ON RTW2 'GOINGS ON': I spoke with Christopher Dean (NWS owner/Store Operator) a short while ago, he has been working on the new storefront for RTW2 sales. He has stated that, assuming testing goes as expected with no hangups, the game would most likely go on sale in the later afternoon or early evening (CST) tomorrow (May 17). Now, if more time is required it could be delayed until Saturday (May 18) - he doubts that will be likely, but he wanted me to relay that to you folks just in case.

Also, I have created two new 'official' threads for the RTW2 full release: (1) Bug Reports, and (2) Suggestions - these threads will be opened as soon as the game goes on sale.

Thanks, and I will be posting more updates as I learn of/have them ready to post.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 17, 2019, 03:51:38 AM
E) You may transfer your license from one machine to another without involving NWS or having to send us any information - the game can be de-activated on one machine and then activated on another up to 3 times per license.

In theory this can work but in reality the only time I transfer a game is when my PC dies on me making de-activation impossible.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 17, 2019, 04:28:19 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 17, 2019, 03:51:38 AM

In theory this can work but in reality the only time I transfer a game is when my PC dies on me making de-activation impossible.

yep...i know they have good intentions but this kind of stuff just detracts from what might be a good game.  eventually someone will find a way to hack it and then just leaves paying customers with a inconvenience of dealing with this stuff.

Jarhead0331

Meanwhile, did anyone actually try the demo?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Latest and greatest...they did revise the transfer PC to unlimited.  Looks like release may happen late tonight or even tomorrow.

4:30PM CST, May 17
a) Fredrik has just posted the v1.00 release of the game for us; of course I have a fair amount of work to get it ready and fully tested for release, that will take me a bit of time.
b)The new storefront appears to work well in testing, so it should be good to go soon with just a bit of final testing when the release version of the game is ready.
c) After discussing the APS with both Fredrik and Christopher Dean (NWS owner) we have decided to revise the transfer option to allow players to transfer the game as many times as they wish, i.e. no limit on the number of transfers to new machines. We listened to the discussions on the forums about this, and we agree with you that this is the best way to go.

One issue we have that has crossed our path today is that Fredrik will need to be away until late this weekend; unfortunately this means that no updates would be likely until late Sunday or Monday at the earliest. Now, we would like to go ahead and release it rather than delay it, so that is the plan...call it a real brief 'early access' if you like. We assume this would be preferable to you potential players rather than a delay until later Sunday :) .

I will be back in a ~ couple of hours or so to give a better launch window for the game release...please bear in mind if it gets too late there is a possibility it may not make it out until tomorrow (Saturday) due to everyone schedules here. Thanks!

michaelspotts

I am a new tp RTW and just bought RTW 2.  I run all my games on an Alienware laptop and my email and everything else on a Mac and have no email client on my Alienware.  The game has a registration screen that automatically sends an email to get your activation and serial number that would not work on my laptop.  So I sent an email asking for help and got an email back in minutes from Chris who gave me my serial and activation numbers - and even replied again when I stupidly put them in the wrong boxes!

So, maybe a literal few minute bump speedily solved in minutes at midnight no less on launch night.  Thank you very much, Chris.

Now to a pot of coffee and the game.

Jarhead0331

Chris has always been great with customer relations....although I ha entire been successful at getting him to post on our site.

Now, I'd really like some impressions on this...ASAP!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18