Fights in Tight Spaces

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 25, 2021, 03:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I picked this up from the Epic Store yesterday (Because it was 45¢ cheaper there than on Steam).  I like the style a lot.  I'm not sure about the gameplay yet.  I seem to be really bad at this game (or it's really hard) but I keep coming back to it.  I haven't even come close to beating the first level (You vs. a bunch of Scandinavian bikers).  I thought I was going to to do it on my last run but then ninjas happened.

I don't think I'd pay full price for it but if you spot it for $10 or so and you like deck builders, I'd say give it a whirl.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Looks like John Wick Hex with way better visuals.  Count me intrigued!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

Much like John Wick, the movement is not very fluid.  It's because the game uses a grid system so everyone is always turning at precise 90 degree angles when they move.  The animations for the individual combat moves are very well done, they just don't flow together well when moving from one animation to the next.

Still, I like it.  I beat the biker level and now I'm on to a prison fight.

Philistine

It's a mash-up of John Wick and Into the Breach-using card mechanics.  You have perfect knowledge of your opponents moves, and have limited movement/attack options, here given by the cards in your hand, and a lot of the play is getting the opponents to attack each other, or setting up cascading moves, ala Into the Breach.

I played the hell out the demo, and quite liked it.

--Philistine