Madden football returns to pc!!

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 01, 2018, 06:46:48 PM
Got some time in......does have coach mode where you can pick the play and just watch things unfold.

Way too early to say how gameplay is but strangely finding the CPU challenging even on PRO mode, but might be me just being a little rusty.  So glad to being playing on PC again!

Thanks GR  O0

Grim.Reaper

First game-breaking bug found......Cleveland Browns went 11-5 in the first season:)

Toonces

What kind of controller are you using?  Amazon linky appreciated...   :)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

just an old xbox controller for the pc...nothing fancy

acctingman

If a sim'd season has the Browns going 11-5...I question the game  :timeout:

KyzBP

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on August 02, 2018, 04:38:42 AM
Does it have a Franchise mode?

yes...that is the way you can play seasons through it.  beyond that they have the typical stuff of story mode, ultimate team, and exhibition.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

acctingman

Quote from: Gusington on August 02, 2018, 07:40:56 AM
Browns 11-5?? No sale 😎

All joking aside....this actually concerns me as it relates to how the game handles player stats. I know it's just a game, but....the Browns?....11-5?....that's like saying I look like Chris Hemsworth   :uglystupid2:

Grim.Reaper

In other seasons they have only won a couple games....things will always very.  To be honest, Browns should actually show decent improvement this year

DennisS

Can this game be played using a keyboard, or does it require a controller.

Second question..is there a true franchise mode, with generated rookies, and career stats tracking?

Third question..do I have to actually run the plays, or can I just call them and have the team execute.

Fourth question..is there a general manager mode, where the o and d coordinators call the plays and sets?

Thanks in advance.

48GB footprint is ... massive. Not sure I have the space, in any event.

WallysWorld

Quote from: DennisS on August 02, 2018, 01:32:40 PM

Second question..is there a true franchise mode, with generated rookies, and career stats tracking?

Third question..do I have to actually run the plays, or can I just call them and have the team execute.

Fourth question..is there a general manager mode, where the o and d coordinators call the plays and sets?

Thanks in advance.

Keyboard controls for PC: Madden NFL 19 keyboard and mouse controls

I don't have the game yet, but the answers to your other questions should be: yes, either way (run the play yourself or coach only), I don't think there is a GM only mode.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on August 02, 2018, 01:32:40 PM

Thanks in advance.

1) Yes Keyboard is option, but not sure how easy to use
2) Yes, franchise mode with those things
3) You can do either...call them and just watch or take control
4) The following franchise modes exist:

- Coach, pretty much control everything including games
- Player, you control just a player on the team
- Owner, you manage the financials and high-level stuff--however, when you play a game you basically have option to call plays or control plays...I dont see a watch mode unless I have missed.    Although you can go into super sim mode, which doesn't show you each graphically play, but shows you a recap of each play without you calling plays

bbmike

Can you start will all fictional players for the teams?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 02, 2018, 05:23:44 PM
Can you start will all fictional players for the teams?

No, not that I am aware