The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY is $27.19 (66% off) at Fanatical.

Limited time offer ends in 7 days.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mikeck

There has been a ton of content added to this game over the last year or so. Does anyone know if the manual online has been updated? For example:  with concepts contained in the last few DLC'S?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

WallysWorld

I finally bought the game through Fanatical even though I tried Northern Inferno on Steam in the spring and had trouble understanding the game. But for the sale price (plus the 10% off coupon code), I just couldn't pass up a chance of buying the game and trying to learn it. I used to play a lot of Jane's Fleet Command so I'm hoping that I'll be able to understand CMANO.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

mikeck

Quote from: WallysWorld on November 11, 2017, 09:39:33 PM
I finally bought the game through Fanatical even though I tried Northern Inferno on Steam in the spring and had trouble understanding the game. But for the sale price (plus the 10% off coupon code), I just couldn't pass up a chance of buying the game and trying to learn it. I used to play a lot of Jane's Fleet Command so I'm hoping that I'll be able to understand CMANO.

Well it's definitely more complex than Jane's but I find the UI to be pretty intuitive. Once you get the hang of setting up missions for your aircraft, it's pretty easy. The game itself isn't tough...mechanically anyway, it's the real world realism that gets you. Learning how not to have your 20 tomahawks get shot down by the SAM sites, electronic warfare, what types of aircraft to use, etc.

Watch a YouTube video or 2 and you will be on your way

Yskonyn

Quote from: mikeck on November 11, 2017, 10:52:33 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on November 11, 2017, 09:39:33 PM

Well it's definitely more complex than Jane's but I find the UI to be pretty intuitive. Once you get the hang of setting up missions for your aircraft, it's pretty easy. The game itself isn't tough...mechanically anyway, it's the real world realism that gets you. Learning how not to have your 20 tomahawks get shot down by the SAM sites, electronic warfare, what types of aircraft to use, etc.

Watch a YouTube video or 2 and you will be on your way

I agree; its definately not about controlling the game from a UI standpoint. Its learning how you actually use the assets available to complete the objectives of a mission.
This is what makes CMANO so interesting to me.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tactical Wargamer

Will love when they release the Multiplayer version of it. Since the Pentagon purchased a version should be soon they say. I would hope for 2018 :)
@TacticWargamer

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on November 19, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
Will love when they release the Multiplayer version of it. Since the Pentagon purchased a version should be soon they say. I would hope for 2018 :)

Baloogan once had multiplayer for the game but I don't know if it still works.

JC is a program which plugs into Command and makes it possible to play PBEM style Command matches with other members of the community!

https://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/
https://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/documentation/

Kushan

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 20, 2017, 03:51:23 AM
Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on November 19, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

Baloogan once had multiplayer for the game but I don't know if it still works.

JC is a program which plugs into Command and makes it possible to play PBEM style Command matches with other members of the community!

https://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/
https://baloogancampaign.com/command-plugins/joint-command/documentation/

JC died a few years ago when Baloogans server blew up.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Yskonyn

Is Baloogan himself still around? I don't recall seeing him lately.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."