Graviteam's TANK WARFARE: Tunisa 1943 due out on STEAM in May 2017

Started by Staggerwing, April 18, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabius

Alas, I think you're probably right. Still, hope of turn based, and even two player can live until fuller details come.

sandman2575

Given how bloody beautiful Graviteam's vehicle models have become in Mius Front -- have to say I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the M3 Lee/Grant.  Somehow the more hideous WW2 contraptions have always held a special fascination for me.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

acctingman

by turn based do they mean like CMx2 game play where you can pause, issue orders and let er rip?

Silent Disapproval Robot

More like a Total War game.  There's a strategic map overlay where you move units around the map, resupply, rest, add reinforcements, stuff like that.  You then end the turn and wherever your units and the enemy meet on the strat map, a battle occurs.  You click on the battle icon and are dropped into a 3D battle that plays out in real-time.

acctingman

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 21, 2017, 10:57:50 PM
More like a Total War game.  There's a strategic map overlay where you move units around the map, resupply, rest, add reinforcements, stuff like that.  You then end the turn and wherever your units and the enemy meet on the strat map, a battle occurs.  You click on the battle icon and are dropped into a 3D battle that plays out in real-time.

wow....that sounds pretty slick. This type of game play new for their games? I've never played one of their titles.

-budd-

Quote from: acctingman on April 21, 2017, 11:04:51 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 21, 2017, 10:57:50 PM

wow....that sounds pretty slick. This type of game play new for their games? I've never played one of their titles.
nope, standard for Graviteam games
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

acctingman

Interesting.

Is there a demo for one of their games? Is there a title more suited for beginners?

I'll poke around online.

Thanks

Jarhead0331

Quote from: acctingman on April 21, 2017, 11:41:47 PM
Interesting.

Is there a demo for one of their games? Is there a title more suited for beginners?

I'll poke around online.

Thanks

Sorry, bro...knowing your tastes, I'd say don't even bother with this series. It will only frustrate you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Richie61

I have all thier games and the UI drives me nuts. Course others really like it too.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2017, 12:32:31 AM
Quote from: acctingman on April 21, 2017, 11:41:47 PM
Interesting.

I'll poke around online.

Thanks

Sorry, bro...knowing your tastes, I'd say don't even bother with this series. It will only frustrate you.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Jarhead0331

The UI is unquestionably "different", but I don't think it is necessarily bad. Its like anything else, once you learn it, it works and is very functional. It just happens to not always be so intuitive.

Overall, I think these are fantastic games well worth the investment in time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

I didn't read all the posts so my bad if it was already covered, but is this newer game using the same basic engine as Mius Front or is something different?

Richie61

My problem is that I have never investmented the time.  :( Family and work slow down my gaming time.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2017, 03:21:15 PM
The UI is unquestionably "different", but I don't think it is necessarily bad. Its like anything else, once you learn it, it works and is very functional. It just happens to not always be so intuitive.

Overall, I think these are fantastic games well worth the investment in time.
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Ubercat

For those looking for Tunisia games to play after discovering a new found interest in the theater, MMP just released Baptism by Fire: The battle of Kasserine Pass. This is the 2nd in the new BCS (battalion level) series by Dean Essig. I just started soloing the full campaign for Last Blitzkrieg, the Bulge game that debuted the series. I own both and will be jumping on game 3, Stalingrad, as soon as it's available for preorder.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell