Fly,on your way, like a FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, January 04, 2019, 06:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Dusted off Hearts of Iron 2:Doomsday.  Running a campaign as the Soviets.  It's late 1940.  The Winter War never fired.  The Germans have their usual haul of territory plus Norway.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Great song choice MD!

Continuing my games of Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption 2.

On PC maybe some 4x or grand strategy, Stellaris, Vicky 2 or one of the HOI

Also want to try cutting my teeth on Muis Front
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Probably going to be more GTAV and a lot of DCS. I got the first parts of the pit I'm building and I'm trying to get the ideal config for it. It's taking some getting used to.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Tonight will be DCS night for me.

I am going to revisit VR in it and see if I can get configured a way that is acceptable for me.
Previous tries resulted in 'ok settings' for fun flights, but serious missions I would always revert back to my monitor.
The detail and visibility is just so much better on a monitor and you actually see where your hands are to press buttons or jot down notes.
The screendoor effect in current VR gen really kills it for 'high visibility required' applications like simulators.
Nonetheless, however, it seems there have been some software tweaks in SteamVR that should improve clarity in VR applications, so perhaps DCS also benefits from this.

Tomorrow and sunday probably won't see much gaming aside from my PBEM turns of Age of Wonders 3 and Civ 6.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dammit Carl!

Got no clue as to what I'll play - I'm getting into a funk with what I've got loaded up so I think it's time to load/re-load some games and get rid of some others.

And yay!  More rain!

Anguille

Right now, i am playing the good old Imperium Romanum . Love the game. Had some problems with one the timed scenarios but finally managed.

Otherwise, i should continue my campaigns in Stellaris and Oriental Empires: the Mongols...i may however start a new game of Civilization: Beyond Earth instead. Will keep things opened. Thanks to Gus, i also want to play Ultimate Civil War, so that might be another option.

Rayfer

In a last attempt to make CIV 6 a good game I bought the Rise and Fall DLC on the last day of the Steam sale...only have a couple of hours into it so I can't say for sure if it is a better game now. I was extremely disappointed in the vanilla release of CIV 6.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 04, 2019, 07:49:01 AM
Tonight will be DCS night for me.

I am going to revisit VR in it and see if I can get configured a way that is acceptable for me.
Previous tries resulted in 'ok settings' for fun flights, but serious missions I would always revert back to my monitor.
The detail and visibility is just so much better on a monitor and you actually see where your hands are to press buttons or jot down notes.
The screendoor effect in current VR gen really kills it for 'high visibility required' applications like simulators.
Nonetheless, however, it seems there have been some software tweaks in SteamVR that should improve clarity in VR applications, so perhaps DCS also benefits from this.

Tomorrow and sunday probably won't see much gaming aside from my PBEM turns of Age of Wonders 3 and Civ 6.

I've had the same frustration with VR in DCS. Please let me know if you get it setup to your liking. I'd be interested to know your settings.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

You're welcome, Anguille.

Rayfer I am curious as to why you were so disappointed in Civ VI...I still have not bought it yet.

For me this weekend I would really like to know wtf I am doing in Scythe: Digital Edition. Fired it up last night for a bit and had no clue. Guess I should replay the tutorials.

WOFF and Wolfenstein - The New Colossus also beckon.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 04, 2019, 08:08:03 AM
Got no clue as to what I'll play - I'm getting into a funk with what I've got loaded up so I think it's time to load/re-load some games and get rid of some others.

And yay!  More rain!

Let's see...World of Warships and some boardgames (such as Bloody April)

W8taminute

Picked up Scythe: Digital Edition, Ultimate General, and Warhammer 40K Gladius over the Steam sale.  I'll be dabbling with all three at some point during the weekend.

I'm also going to try to get some more time in with Twilight Imperium 4 and I'll definitely be playing some more Battlefield V.

Might also want to re-install IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad thanks to the video I saw the other day from Tuna.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

If you can decode Scythe, post here!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

TOAW 4's Operation Dragoon where I'm closing in on a win.  :bd:  After that, who knows? Have a great first weekend of 2019 Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 04, 2019, 10:41:34 AM
If you can decode Scythe, post here!

Will do! 

I've played 4 games so far and have lost all 4.  Came pretty close on the last one though so I'm going to modify my strategy a bit and if it works I'll let you know what I did. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Huw the Poo

WARFRAME! of course
Homeworld Remastered - I haven't played this since the original was released and I forgot how good it is.  I'm looking forward to playing through the campaign
Distant Worlds: Universe - this was an impulse purchase in the Steam winter sale as I bounced off it quite hard the first time, but after so many years of support (and so many people swearing it's the best space strategy evar) I got curious again