Decision Games - Computer Games Downloadable

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 08, 2018, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I have see these games mentioned before on these forums and have always been interested, but they were only available via mail so I never picked any up.  But recently I was browsing the Matrix forums and noticed someone mention they could be bought and downloaded now even though the web site doesn't mention it.  I contacted support and received an email today that did confirm you could buy and download these games now.  Although maybe not a very easy way, still makes it possible.

This is what I was told was the process.

1) You need to setup an account on their web site.
2) You would email their support and provide them your account name and what game(s) you wanted to purchase.
3) Support would then provide you with a link on how to pay

*** I have not attempted to make a purchase myself yet so can't confirm exactly how it all goes, but this is what the support person told me.  No idea how long the entire process takes as you communicate with support but at least better than paying for shipping and likely quicker.  I likely will pick something at some point, just not sure what yet.

The person indicated ALL their computer games are available this way and here is the current list I got from their web site.

D-Day at Tarawa Computer Game (PC)
RAF: Lion Computer Game (PC)
D-Day at Omaha Beach Computer Game (PC)
Napoleon At Waterloo Computer Game (PC)
Struggle for the Galactic Empire Computer Game (PC)
War in Europe: computer edition (PC)
Patton's First Victory Computer Game (PC)
WolfPack: computer edition (PC)
Operation Olympic Computer Game (PC)
Napoleon's Last Battles Computer Game (PC)

Link to shop page
http://shop.decisiongames.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=70

bbmike

I have D-Day at Omaha Beach. I haven't spent much time with it but the interface seemed really clunky.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FlickJax

They really give minimal information on their games :(

MikeGER

i have those as CDs

would love to download-purchase RAF: Eagle  PC game when its ready (AFAIK its in beta testing)

Ian C

Quote from: FlickJax on January 09, 2018, 03:36:39 AM
They really give minimal information on their games :(

Yep. No screen shots, no videos, nothing. I mean, I could be getting a box of fish. Salted fish. Those weird ones with glowing balls from thousands of feet down in those dark trenches.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MikeGER on January 09, 2018, 04:31:33 AM

i have those as CDs

would love to download-purchase RAF: Eagle  PC game when its ready (AFAIK its in beta testing)
What's RAF Lion like MikeGer?
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

JD, here is an older thread about PC Lion  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18264.15

and even the developer joined in :-)

this review at BGG of the PC version is right spot on:  https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1590067/quick-review-raflion-pc

its really a shame that didn't had spend more time with it jet.  :-[   i have to change that while its still winter = cosy indoor activities
( there was nothing in the product that had driven me away  ...just the usual distractions, like other new toys, RL interdictions that killed the mood or gaming mojo, outdoor activities, you name it... )   

Phantom

Quote from: bbmike on January 08, 2018, 07:45:57 PM
I have D-Day at Omaha Beach. I haven't spent much time with it but the interface seemed really clunky.
I find that with most boardgame ports - I assume as they're not designed ground up for the PC - they just copy over the boardgame mechanic, which I guess is limited by the physical nature of a boardgame. However, I tend to find once you get used to this (usually the main hassle is moving pieces, and getting the hang of game turns & phases) it all becomes second nature and "unclunky". I've got the RAF boardgame & have toyed with getting the  D-Day games, would like to give these a try as I'm guessing its easier to set up & play and a lot cheaper.