Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 03, 2018, 01:30:49 PM
Still not as bad as looking next to you at the movie theater and seeing Pee Wee Herman sitting there.  :hide:
in the seat directly behind you..

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2018, 11:17:25 PM
Still not as bad as looking next to you at the movie theater and seeing Pee Wee Herman sitting there.  :hide:

As long as he doesn't say Terrific!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on September 04, 2018, 05:48:06 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 03, 2018, 11:17:25 PM

As long as he doesn't say Terrific!

"Terrific view!" - PeeWee

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

On sale this weekend, feelings on this one?

Toonces

You got me all excited with the on sale thing, but it's only 10% off.  That doesn't really count as a sale!

Anyway, it is absolutely savaged on Steam reviews.  I know, you gotta take them with a grain of salt, but the negativity is pretty high, even for Steam.

All that said, this seems like a 50% off or more type title. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Yeah...this is the solitary TW title I do not own. Very little appeal to me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I own it but still have not played it yet. Hope to play it in the next month or so. After a campaign of Warhammer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Well, I think the negative reviews are due to the 'family' side, and that was hard for me to learn on Attila, but once I did it was ok. But just wondering if these even harder. I am/was definitely interested. But like Toonces said, its not a very deep sale. I can wait.

I gifted my friend at work Attila, that one was deep only 11 something!

Gusington

I have played two campaigns of Warhammer - Norsca and the Tomb Kings. I enjoyed them both but didn't win either, and I always felt like I wasn't grasping everything entirely. So while I had planned on starting a vampire count campaign (I even downloaded a few mods) I am actually more in the mood right now to go back to Attila...maybe try another Hun campaign.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I would just wait for a stronger sale, Tuna.  We have some pretty aggressive sales likely in the next two months, what with Thanksgiving, Xmas, and Winter coming.  If you can hold out 6 months, no doubt there will be deep discounts around Three Kingdoms in March.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Three Kingdoms is the mythical Chinese game coming out in March.

Thrones of Britannia is the game set in 10th century British Isles which is out now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

^ I should have been more clear.  Sega is likely to discount Britannia when 3K comes out in March.  Capitalize on the hype and traffic going to the Total War pages type thingy.

Gusington

That I can definitely see, especially since sales of Thrones of Britannia have been less than stellar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd