Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Bring out the Vampire Samnite Orcs and everyone wins.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

So.... Sam-pires? Or Sam-Orc-pires? Samnite Vam-Orcs! Maybe.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Philippe on August 27, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
Why is this game rousing so many people's ire?

It's a shame really, because with a little TLC and a few more DLC's Britannia could turn out to be the best of the bunch.  But the mixed reaction is going to dampen sales, which could keep that interesting future from ever happening.

I rather like this game, and a lot of other people are in the same camp.  But there seems to be a core of TW players (they're probably the ones that have been screaming loudly for the blood DLC) who really don't like it.

What's causing the polarizing effect?

I don't own nor have I played Britannia.  I will definitely do so once the price comes down. I found this 10 minute YouTube video that does a good job a distinguishing the difference in this iteration as compared to prior historical TW games.  It is these changes that have turned off some of the dedicated players.  The reviewer like some of the changes but not all of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJwHdjKYYMA

Philippe

The game is going to get a huge overhaul tomorrow.

(Assuming anyone cares about these things, if you already happen to own the Blood DLC for Attila you'll get the Blood DLC for Britannia for free).

Here's the video announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=ug9EAEX3Qrs

And here's a link to the developer's blog that describes exactly what's involved:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-of-britannia-allegiance-update

If you've been playing the beta you should uninstall it before tomorrow when the update downloads.

But I'm sorry to report that there has been no mention of Samnorcs (regular or Goldman Sachs variety).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

No! I can't get the little bastards to keep their dongles covered.

Nefaro

Gusington

^My avatars have obviously been working on you, as yours have been working on me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2018, 06:24:58 PM
^My avatars have obviously been working on you, as yours have been working on me.

And I do it a lot.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on August 29, 2018, 09:21:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2018, 06:24:58 PM

And I do it a lot.

Nef's new one is creepy, I prefer the ole cartoon character.