Matrix World in Flames

Started by JudgeDredd, June 26, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

They just released a new patch :  http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1603/..World.in.Flames.Updated.to.V1.3.3.0

A new version of World In Flames is now available. The patch brings new bug fixes and increases the stability of the game, included some multiplayer issues.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 15, 2015, 04:07:15 AM
They just released a new patch :  http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1603/..World.in.Flames.Updated.to.V1.3.3.0

A new version of World In Flames is now available. The patch brings new bug fixes and increases the stability of the game, included some multiplayer issues.

Glad their still patching, but just not sure if and when I'll ever go back to it....kind of interesting item in the patch notes....not sure what that really means and whether they are slowly working on the AI stuff as well.

For AI Opponent
• Changed some of the data for the AI Opponent as to which hexes in the USSR belong to which Land Regions. Now the Murmansk to Leningrad rail line is completely in the land regions Murmansk and Leningrad. The Voronezh land region has gained one hex from the Moscow land region and 4 hexes from the Stalingrad land region. These changes correct data entry errors made using out-of-date definitions of which hexes belong to which land regions.

magnus

I saw the blurb about the AI opponent and was interested also.

Grim.Reaper

Not really meaning to pile on, but as I looked in the game forum for the first time in a long time, came across the following state of the game post from June 2015.  Really astonished me on some of the stats shared, it is amazing how this game was ever released and how nobody knew how bad it was before having customers spend $100 on it and to the best of my knowledge never giving the paying customers the option for refund.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3878065

- game was released roughly two years ago
- almost immediately after release it was acknowledged to be a mess, but would be fixed promptly
- since the release, they have corrected over 3300 bugs...wow...how not caught in testing, no idea
- they still estimate over 400 known bugs to be fixed

To me this seems like a death march and not sure how this will ever get fully stable....then on top of that, they still talk about adding an ai....surprised they haven't just given up.  The game is so big, not sure how anyone will be confident all issues resolved....on top of that, by the time fully corrected, I wonder what compatibility issues they will have with Windows 2020 by the time fully ready:)

From a cost and hype perspective, easily the most disappointing game for me, and that comes from a guy who carelessly throws money away all the time:)

undercovergeek

i suspect this may be like Fawlty Towers - 'dont mention the AI'

i think behind closed doors noooooooooooooone is working on the AI and theyre hoping it will all go away

Grim.Reaper

I Certainly have little faith for an ai:)

Tuna

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on December 02, 2015, 02:15:19 PM
shhh it's a 'premium' game!  :crazy2:

Yep, their use of that term during the promotion of the game did not help either.....

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Zulu1966

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2015, 01:00:20 PM
Not really meaning to pile on, but as I looked in the game forum for the first time in a long time, came across the following state of the game post from June 2015.  Really astonished me on some of the stats shared, it is amazing how this game was ever released and how nobody knew how bad it was before having customers spend $100 on it and to the best of my knowledge never giving the paying customers the option for refund.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3878065

- game was released roughly two years ago
- almost immediately after release it was acknowledged to be a mess, but would be fixed promptly
- since the release, they have corrected over 3300 bugs...wow...how not caught in testing, no idea
- they still estimate over 400 known bugs to be fixed

To me this seems like a death march and not sure how this will ever get fully stable....then on top of that, they still talk about adding an ai....surprised they haven't just given up.  The game is so big, not sure how anyone will be confident all issues resolved....on top of that, by the time fully corrected, I wonder what compatibility issues they will have with Windows 2020 by the time fully ready:)

From a cost and hype perspective, easily the most disappointing game for me, and that comes from a guy who carelessly throws money away all the time:)

Yep. Big waste of money for me and Matrix went down a lot in my estimation. Its was the knowingly selling it bit.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Rayfer

The good news is you can pick it up for only $69.99....30% off....during the holiday sale!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Rayfer on December 02, 2015, 04:01:45 PM
The good news is you can pick it up for only $69.99....30% off....during the holiday sale!

I take responsibility for my own initial purchase, although I thought it was in much better position...it does boggle my mind how they are continuing to sell and people buy knowing that 400 issues still exist....

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2015, 04:08:14 PM

I take responsibility for my own initial purchase, although I thought it was in much better position...it does boggle my mind how they are continuing to sell and people buy knowing that 400 issues still exist....

Is it still being worked on/supported? 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on December 02, 2015, 04:34:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 02, 2015, 04:08:14 PM

Is it still being worked on/supported?

Yep, they still are doing patches to their credit...

JudgeDredd

I bought it second hand from a disgruntled purchaser.

I knew it was broken.

However, like most others, I'm unlikely to actually start a game because I don't know how far I'd get before I encountered something that said "NO....no more gaming for you". As far as I'm aware, there aren't any bugs like that - but who knows? Who's played long enough and who's played all the different permutations to know that bug isn't out there.

I like the graphics look (although I'm not a fan of the interface) and I like how the mechanics of the game work with the various phases.
Alba gu' brath