Golden Gaming Memories...

Started by Jarhead0331, July 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

^Brant posted the process earlier in this thread.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

rocketman

Copying the link from the browser window didn't work, but using the "share"-link from Youtube worked. However, in both cases I get a warning about some .swf files that Chrome deem as dangerous.

solops

North Atlantic '86 from SSI on my Apple IIe. I spent more time on that game than anything else other than one or two recent games that came to market post-retirement. It hit my sweet spot for scale, detail and control. Loved Kampfgruppe and Mech Brigade as well.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

CJReich46

Just fyi. But if you go to archive.org.

There is the MS-Dos Library. It allows you to play those games online.

I've found a few mentioned here on the site. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Quote from: rocketman on July 16, 2019, 10:10:43 AM
One of the first wargames that got me hooked. Learned just a while back that Charles Moylan was one of the devs who now makes Combat Mission which is the game series I'm most hooked on now. So I have him to thank for a lot  :bd: :notworthy: O0 :smitten:

Flight Commander 2

Edit: Why doesn't it imbed the vid?

Believe it or not, I actually have this game in box, on 5 1/4 floppy. Somewhere...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on July 16, 2019, 06:10:01 PM
[youtube width=300]http://youtu.be/S3XMm4vwjzI[/youtube]

[youtube width=300]http://youtu.be/RnhRbWNiOU8[/youtube]

\m/

I had to upgrade my Leading Edge 486 SX25 with a math coprocessor just to play Falcon 3 (or actually MiG-29, which I got first). I think I still have the F3 box w/ the manuals. It's probably right beside the FC2 box, where ever that is.  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

This one is legendary.  Oh, those crazy stories.   :DD
<:-)

FlickJax

Gusington

I post this probably every couple of months, but I wish I still had my Their Finest Hour manual.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

They're pretty much in tatters today but I still have my Bards Tale 3 and Wasteland manuals, along with the BT3 wheel.

I also have my Master of Orion manual which is in surprisingly good condition.
Insert witty comment here.

FlickJax

I have lots from the 90's in my loft boxed :)   need to look through them one day

Sir Slash

I had a ton of old boxed games from the 80's and 90's sitting in my closet and one day my Pest Control guy asked me if I wanted to sell them. He had a nephew working on building computers and programs and said he was looking for stuff from the early days of computers. I told him what they were and how long I'd had them but he bought them anyway for $20. Not much but better than just throwing them out with the trash. I still felt like losing an old and very dear friend.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 17, 2019, 10:30:50 AM
I had a ton of old boxed games from the 80's and 90's sitting in my closet and one day my Pest Control guy asked me if I wanted to sell them. He had a nephew working on building computers and programs and said he was looking for stuff from the early days of computers. I told him what they were and how long I'd had them but he bought them anyway for $20. Not much but better than just throwing them out with the trash. I still felt like losing an old and very dear friend.

um... just seen Darklands PC on Ebay for £49.99 and Gunship upwards of £20 and just found - RARE Sid Meier's Civilization CD for IBM PC Tandy in Big Box by MicroProse 1991
Pre-owned
£79.99

Barthheart

Darklands! Another awesome game from Micriprose

If ever there was a game that needs to be made modern it's Darklands. 14th Century German lore. Such a great setting.