Wish I had a FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, August 11, 2017, 03:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I was kind of all over the place last night.

I started with a tiny bit of Skyrim, but that just wasn't the right game.
Did a match of MP Mount and Blade.
Fired up Game of Thrones RPG that I've been slowly working on for a few years.  I re-started it about a month ago and I'm determined to see how it finishes.  It's not a very good game; way too many cut scenes ala Witcher 3.
Finished up the night with a few turns of King Arthur followed by Rome 2 Grand Campaign as House Julii.

That's about 2 months worth of gaming for me, all in one night!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

lol, I had an "Adult" beverage Malfunction last night during World of Warships.. Hadn't even started drinking yet.. Full glass of red wine all over desk, keyboard, mousepad, etc.. etc..

Nef enjoyed my funny typing in Game chat, but from there it went downhill. My push to talk key died in Teamspeak had to move to a mouse button, then tried to take apart my keyboard to clean, but alas it did not survive the operation.  :'(

bbmike

^Had that been bourbon or scotch your PC would be working twice as fast right now.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: Toonces on August 13, 2017, 10:03:10 AM
Quote from: airboy on August 12, 2017, 11:45:04 PM
Made a big meal which everyone loved.

What did you make?

Grilled pork chops raised by one of my buddies.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Cornbread
A light summer desert of vanilla pudding/Cool Whip with shredded angel food cake & blueberries for one and pineapple for the other.

It all got eaten except the deserts which were brought out later.

Our poker group gives $5 a person to the host for the meal.

Tuna

Quote from: bbmike on August 13, 2017, 12:20:28 PM
^Had that been bourbon or scotch your PC would be working twice as fast right now.  ^-^

Just picked up a cheap Logitech at Staples, it says "Spillproof" we shall see!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2017, 08:50:52 PM
The Norsca DLC is paid DLC...I paid for it today, to play with it over the winter, when playing that sort of faction will be 'more appropriate' in my OCD-addled brain.

I know it's paid DLC (unless you get it free for TW1 when pre-ordering TW2). What I was saying was that I've seen evidence that it either isn't a campaign (therefore the team isn't available for the computer in campaigns either), or else the campaign is locked until some time after TW2 releases (since that will have Norsica as a campaign option from the beginning).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Heh?

God help me I am reinstalling Diablo III right now...I am curious about the Nercromancer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Nevermind...looks like I have to re-buy Diablo III digitally in order to purchase the Necromancer pack. No thanks.  :knuppel2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2017, 06:17:01 PM
Nevermind...looks like I have to re-buy Diablo III digitally in order to purchase the Necromancer pack. No thanks.  :knuppel2:

why would you have to rebuy it?
Insert witty comment here.

jamus34

Just played some more Shadows of Mordor...I really need to give this one more time. I remember the last time i played getting frustrated with it but I just had a 20 min romp that was a ton of fun.

I'm really surprised the captain system hasn't taken off.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Or something like the captain system -- maybe they copyrighted it?

ShadowMord was great fun, and I'm thinking of playing the campaign again before ShadowWar releases.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I did get Turn 8 vs Barth on DC:Blitz uploaded tonight. So achievement, achieved!  :bd:

Gusington

I don't see any way to get the Diablo III expansions owning the physical game.

And Shadow of Mordor is awesome - I want to play some more of it too. I preordered Shadow of War...it just looks amazing,

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

^You can get it for under 10 dollah now!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd