Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteA British carrier and battleship patrol the rough North Sea

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

besilarius

Consider the poor crews on destroyers in that swell.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Windigo

Quote from: besilarius on August 14, 2017, 05:56:50 PM
Consider the poor crews on destroyers in that swell.
or worse, the flower class corvettes
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

I think we can all agree that anything under 30,000 tons would be no bueno.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Steelgrave

^ Such a freakin' classic. That song always gives me chills.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 15, 2017, 08:27:49 AM
^ Such a freakin' classic. That song always gives me chills.

+1

mirth

QuoteAkula-class submarine

mirth

mirth

QuoteGerman submarine U-35 sinks SS Parkgate. On June 1st, 1916, Parkgate, on a voyage from Matla to Gibraltar in ballast, was sunk by gunfire by the German submarine U 35. 16 lives were lost. A shot from the 105mm deck gun to hasten her sinking.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

^I know she doesn't have any aircraft until 2021 (couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery) - but not putting engines in is FUBAR  ;D
Alba gu' brath

mirth

QuoteItalian battleship Dante Alighieri in Taranto. Pre-dreadnought battleship and first built with her main armament in triple-gun turrets. It served as a flagship during WWI, but saw very little action.

mirth

QuoteMinehunter HMS Hurworth passes HMS Queen Elizabeth in Portsmouth Harbour.