GTA V

Started by JudgeDredd, April 18, 2015, 02:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

A patch was released and it does mention possible crashes on some systems :

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157

[4/17/15] GTAV PC Patch 1.01 Notes

Yesterday at 21:57

Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 18, 2015, 10:03:19 AM
A patch was released and it does mention possible crashes on some systems :

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157

Yesterday at 21:57

Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash

Just to be clear, I'm not denying that some players are having CTDs. I'm sure they are, and I'm sure there are bugs...but to claim "the game is pretty buggy" is a stretch for me. Its a AAA release for me so far and it has been smooth as silk.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

Grand Theft Auto V PC - Patch 1.01 released

Rockstar has just released the first update for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. See the changelist after the break.

Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
    Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
    Fixed an issue where a character's eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
    Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
    YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
    Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
    Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
    Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
    Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
    Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
    Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
    Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

Edit: Did not see Pete Dero had posted. Sorry
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 18, 2015, 09:18:28 AM
Quote from: Tpek on April 18, 2015, 06:49:50 AM
The game is pretty buggy (lots of crashes).
And I've seen it having over-heating issues sometimes for no reason.

You could try to throttle the FPS on the game (limiting it to only 60 or even 30 or such) if you have over-heating problems.

I take exception to "game is pretty buggy comment"...I've played for over 5 hours. Not a single crash. Not a single glitch. Not a single bug. So with out more specifics, I think your problems are system related, not Game related.

Trying shooting out of vehicles during the heists mission (like shooting from the van at the end of the first heist) or shooting out of the car in the first mission with Trevor and you'll see.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on April 18, 2015, 11:23:25 AM

You could try to throttle the FPS on the game (limiting it to only 60 or even 30 or such) if you have over-heating problems.

I take exception to "game is pretty buggy comment"...I've played for over 5 hours. Not a single crash. Not a single glitch. Not a single bug. So with out more specifics, I think your problems are system related, not Game related.

Trying shooting out of vehicles during the heists mission (like shooting from the van at the end of the first heist) or shooting out of the car in the first mission with Trevor and you'll see.

Ummmm...I've played both of those missions and shoot from inside of vehicles all the time. I haven't noticed any problem. What is your issue?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I've been shooting out of vehicles too.

Apart from the BSOD I had, I've had nothing else show up as yet.

One thing that is pissing me off a bit is the saving. I have (a couple of times now) spent a fair bit of time going to my home so I can get into bed and save the game...but both times I've done it, the story has interjected. That's been rather annoying. I want to go to bed (in real life) so I drive from where I am all the way home (in game  >:D ) and when I get there, a cut scene firres up and I'm dragged into the story again.

NO! BAD GAME! I'm at home to save...NOT be dragged into another mission!!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

WYBaugh

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 18, 2015, 04:58:27 PM

One thing that is pissing me off a bit is the saving. I have (a couple of times now) spent a fair bit of time going to my home so I can get into bed and save the game...but both times I've done it, the story has interjected. That's been rather annoying. I want to go to bed (in real life) so I drive from where I am all the way home (in game  >:D ) and when I get there, a cut scene firres up and I'm dragged into the story again.

NO! BAD GAME! I'm at home to save...NOT be dragged into another mission!!  :knuppel2:

JD, you can quick save through the cell phone.

Swatter

+1

23 in-game hours- no crashes or glitches at all. There has been lag on occasion, but the game is a blast.

Edit- let me expand on that a little. This is a demanding game, system resource wise. When a game is pushing the envelope on technology and system resources, having the latest stable drivers for your sound and video card is essential. Also, system heat can become an issue. I have an ATI video card and a Cooler Master case with great ventilation and extra fans. My brother and I went on a 11 hour binge on day two and he crashed about once or twice an hour while I was totally stable.

I'm not giving Rockstar a pass either. There are plenty of PC games that are more stable on a wider variety of systems.

Darkspire

Quote from: Ian C on April 18, 2015, 07:22:33 AM

As far as content, it's mind blowing, no doubt about it. It's like twenty games in-one. RPG, FPS, Sports, Exploration...There are mini-games, easter eggs, a UFO conspiracy hidden in-game, bank heists with your own crews that improve skill levels,  upgrades on weapons, vehicles, clothes, haircuts, shades, underwater exploration, playing the stock market and too much to list here...it's freaking unbelievable how much depth there is in this game. You can switch between major characters and they have skill levels that can be improved via activity and experience. It's also impossible to gain money with cheats, which adds some gravity to making cash in the game.

The Heists were why I popped back on here, was wondering whether a GrogCrew had been put together. The fun and immersion these missions (setups plus finale) bring is amazing, the teamwork required is more like a full scale military mission, the Online is a totally different game from single player.

As for the cash cheats, single player, maybe but not online, if you are a good player you will not need it, a good session of about two or three hours will pull in at least 200K.

Recommended Online toys:

Buzzard attack copter (1.75 million)
Armored Karin Kuruma (525K + mod shop tuning)

Sad fact at present is that the Kurama is the only car that is useful online, this was introduced in Heists and is a very fast, projectile armored vehicle (bullet proof glass fitted as standard), for general mission teamwork play nothing can touch it, it has made the other cars obsolete aside from races using custom cars, IMO Rockstar needs to bring in upgrades like projectile armor and bullet proof glass for the other cars to balance this out.

There two more choppers that turned up in Online Heists that need to be unlocked, the Valkyrie and Savage, Valkyrie is a party vehicle due to the weapons and the savage is more attuned to solo play, they are just short of 3 million each.

There are other choppers and cars but those are the most useful and the most used by folk.

Word of caution, think very carefully before buying an Insurgent, there are two types, one goes in your garage and the other Pegasus will drop off, forget the garage one, it is next to useless and has armor like tissue paper, the Pegasus one is a beast, top mounted gun (manned by a friend) and pretty good armor.

I am still on 360 at present as I gave up waiting when the last delay hit for the PC back in January, I have been putting a rig together and at present just deciding on a GFX card to go with the setup, after the farce with X Rebirth, the urgency was no longer there for me so I just waited and saved the cash till GTA V's release date got closer, even now I shall wait a few more months till the kinks in the current PC version are ironed out.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: WYBaugh on April 18, 2015, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 18, 2015, 04:58:27 PM

JD, you can quick save through the cell phone.
DOH! I now recall a message popping up in game early on telling me exactly that!   O0
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Granted, I am talking about the PS4 version here , but I believe the other versions work the same: the game auto-saves at various points.
If you have completed a mission it will save the game and you can just quit the game and start where you left off again next time.
Only if you have just been freeroaming without doing any missions you need to Quicksave or go home to save.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Something pretty weird happened yesterday with it...I quit the game and when I went back, I was coming out a building I hadn't seen before and I was dressed completely differently  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 19, 2015, 04:48:22 AM
Something pretty weird happened yesterday with it...I quit the game and when I went back, I was coming out a building I hadn't seen before and I was dressed completely differently  :uglystupid2:

When that happens in RL it's called a 'Fugue State'. It's like being in Witness Protection Service without knowing it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

When it happens in game it means you're accounts been hacked and someone's playing your game!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 19, 2015, 07:22:43 AM
When it happens in game it means you're accounts been hacked and someone's playing your game!

Oh stop it! That's just mean. Be nice to JD.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog