Combat Mission engine 4 patches released

Started by WallysWorld, May 03, 2019, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Quote from: al_infierno on May 04, 2019, 06:21:07 PM
Looks like they finally added the patch notes to the thread, too.

I actually feel a embarrassed by what I posted. If I had put everything up.....assuming that I could order it in a cohesive way...it would have been like a Stephen King book. When you start getting into Sten ammo loadouts it starts getting deeper than, in my opinion, the average gamer notices. Although, even to the average gamer knowing that those things are accounted for pleases them.

In a similar vein that isn't related to the patch but goes to the point above. I had a Help Desk ticket this weekend where the player couldn't get vehicles to have the whitewash winter skins on vehicles. Neither could I. So, I asked MikeyD (he does them) and he said the availability is only for January 1944 in CMFB, and with light snow or more, because heavy snow didn't happen until the end of December. I read that and thought, they/he went to that much trouble for 1 month? Wow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on May 04, 2019, 08:03:27 PM

When you start getting into Sten ammo loadouts it starts getting deeper than, in my opinion, the average gamer notices. Although, even to the average gamer knowing that those things are accounted for pleases them.

Hate to break it to you, bro...but "average gamers" are not playing Combat Mission...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

IICptMillerII

Glad to hear they did a good job with a patch.  Guess it's time to reinstall my CM games.  The question is -- which one first?   :dreamer:

Lol, I can relate. Luckily for me, today was a lazy day, and I've spent pretty much all of it bouncing around between the various titles. Its been great fun!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on May 04, 2019, 08:03:27 PM

I actually feel a embarrassed by what I posted. If I had put everything up.....assuming that I could order it in a cohesive way...it would have been like a Stephen King book. When you start getting into Sten ammo loadouts it starts getting deeper than, in my opinion, the average gamer notices. Although, even to the average gamer knowing that those things are accounted for pleases them.

In a similar vein that isn't related to the patch but goes to the point above. I had a Help Desk ticket this weekend where the player couldn't get vehicles to have the whitewash winter skins on vehicles. Neither could I. So, I asked MikeyD (he does them) and he said the availability is only for January 1944 in CMFB, and with light snow or more, because heavy snow didn't happen until the end of December. I read that and thought, they/he went to that much trouble for 1 month? Wow.

Hello, does the full and complete installers include the patch yet or will they in the near future?

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2019, 04:58:02 AM
Hello, does the full and complete installers include the patch yet or will they in the near future?

The truthful answer is.....Maybe.

I uploaded them to the correct folders yesterday but since this is my first time doing this I am not sure if they appear yet to the player. So, if you click on a game that you purchased that was purchased already having the 4.0 Engine you may see multiple download options and 2 of them (Mac and Windows) will be full game installers that have the patch. You'll know which because i put the version number on the files. I won't be able to confirm if this did it until tomorrow.

But the builds including the patch are definitely already made though. It's really a question of if they're available to the public right now or in the next couple of days.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on May 05, 2019, 08:39:41 AM

I uploaded them to the correct folders yesterday but since this is my first time doing this I am not sure if they appear yet to the player. So, if you click on a game that you purchased that was purchased already having the 4.0 Engine you may see multiple download options and 2 of them (Mac and Windows) will be full game installers that have the patch. You'll know which because i put the version number on the files. I won't be able to confirm if this did it until tomorrow.

But the builds including the patch are definitely already made though. It's really a question of if they're available to the public right now or in the next couple of days.

I do see them....although a little strange that the current version installer is in some cases 1-2GB smaller than previous installer.......does this installer do a better job with compression or is there a difference of actual content included?  Just seems like a big difference.

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2019, 08:48:53 AM

I do see them....although a little strange that the current version installer is in some cases 1-2GB smaller than previous installer.......does this installer do a better job with compression or is there a difference of actual content included?  Just seems like a big difference.

Dunno for sure. It wouldn't surprise me. Charles is always looking for ways to cut down file sizes for our metered bandwidth friends.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Elvis on May 06, 2019, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 05, 2019, 08:48:53 AM

Dunno for sure. It wouldn't surprise me. Charles is always looking for ways to cut down file sizes for our metered bandwidth friends.

Ok, thanks...just seems a lot of extra compression to cut the size by 1-2 GBs but if that is the case, then great...

Jarhead0331

I have been having major performance issues in all CM games since upgrading to the latest GeForce drivers. Can anyone else confirm an issue?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 12, 2019, 04:58:11 PM
I have been having major performance issues in all CM games since upgrading to the latest GeForce drivers. Can anyone else confirm an issue?

I saw that there was an update for GeForce drivers released a few days ago, but I haven't installed it yet. I might hold off if you're getting performance issues. Did the patch notes mention anything about OpenGL? In the past when Shadowplay was first introduced I had a lot of issues getting it to worth with CM, but after a few updates they improved their OpenGL compatability. I wonder if this latest driver update has bugged their OpenGL support? I've heard of it happening in the past. FWIW I run a GTX 1060 and it was last updated in April. Hopefully its just an issue with the driver update and it can either be rolled back or hot-fixed soon!

P.S I hope you got my response to your message the other night  :)

trek

JH, I just upgraded the GeForce drivers yesterday. Saw your post so I just now fired up CMSF and CMRT and played a few minutes of a single battle on each game. I'm NOT having any issues on my rig. I'm still running WIN7 Pro though and I assume you're probably on WIN10. Maybe that has a bearing on the problem?

On a side note I played Cold Waters yesterday (haven't played it in a few months) and now I'm noticing white box screen artifacts with text popping up on the in-game items like the lower-right weapons panel. Tried re-installing and the problem is still there. Scuttlebutt on the forums seems to be that the Killerfish devs have all but abandoned the game.

Jarhead0331

Yes, I'm running Win10. Its a very strange situation and it only appears to be impacting CM games...all of them. I have a dual monitor set-up and the secondary monitor now flashes periodically while running a CM game which runs very choppy. I guess I'll open a ticket eventually. I'll also try rolling back the GeForce patch, if possible, to see if that solves the problem.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

A Canadian Cat

After reading you post I checked for updates and installed 430.64 on my GTX 1050. I am running Win10 but a single monitor on the notebook. All seems fine for me.

Jarhead0331

Very strange. I am unaware of any recent changes to my computer other than the GeForce update. This is my secondary rig that I use nominally for older, less power hungry gaming. Its a 6th generation i7 with 16GB Ram and a 1070.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog