Main Menu

Who do you FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, January 11, 2019, 06:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 11, 2019, 10:41:40 AM
Yes, laddus. As in 'laddus' go over there and try some of it.  :peace:   I'll be 'pirating' about the Deadfire in Pillars 2 where large booty is a good thing and a little dingy won't get you very far at all. Have a good one Grogs!

I'm up to level 18 in Pillars 2 and about to go confront Eothas again.

Hofstadter

Laddus are this sweet thing in Indian cuisine. In this version, it's coarse semolina cooked with clarified butter, dark brown sugar called jaggery, raisins, fresh coconut and cashews, then rolled into balls.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

Hmm...interesting. I thought you were typing 'lettuce' with a US southern accent.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I type with a Canadian accent. A? A! AA? But not when I'm drinking cause then I slurrrr myy wordss. Get it, A?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on January 11, 2019, 08:50:12 AM
The Wife is going to Boston (to the Patriots playoff game of all things) .

Does she not know, how cold it is going to be tomorrow?!!!!

Gusington

Oh she knows, but you see it doesn't matter. It's set up by her company...she will only be outside, on the field, at half time. The rest of the time she will be living the high life in the corporate suite, eating lobster, drinking wine, having cake.

Not that I'm bitter

:/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on January 12, 2019, 01:56:08 PM
Oh she knows, but you see it doesn't matter. It's set up by her company...she will only be outside, on the field, at half time. The rest of the time she will be living the high life in the corporate suite, eating lobster, drinking wine, having cake.

Not that I'm bitter

:/

Ahh, now that can be nice. I haven't been to a Pats game since the 80's, when you did NOT bring woman or children there (like Buffalo is now). I'd just as soon, sit on comfy couch and watch on big screen TV. Way better seats!

Gusington

She had two tickets but didn't know until yesterday. Allegedly.

But I am happy to be home with the Minigusses. They requested to get some cheeseburgers, watch Die Hard 3 and put together the new Lego set that just came ('68 Mustang, part of their new Speed Champions series of sets).

So it is shaping up to be a solid Saturday with the family. I'll sneak up to my study once everyone passes out to game a bit. Things are much simpler without The Wife to foil my plans :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

My plans- Continue to watch Doctor Who classic marathon encore. - Right now currently in the Jon Pertwee years. (3rd Doctor).

I also got my anniversary coupon from Matrix/Slitherine - 10th years -35%Off. So I am trying to decide what to get at least before the end of the sale.

I'm leaning towards Aggressors:Rome and maybe the Persia DLC for Field of Glory II. (per the sale and then...just use the coupon later) ;)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Boggit

Quote from: CJReich46 on January 12, 2019, 10:59:22 PM
My plans- Continue to watch Doctor Who classic marathon encore. - Right now currently in the Jon Pertwee years. (3rd Doctor).

I also got my anniversary coupon from Matrix/Slitherine - 10th years -35%Off. So I am trying to decide what to get at least before the end of the sale.

I'm leaning towards Aggressors:Rome and maybe the Persia DLC for Field of Glory II. (per the sale and then...just use the coupon later) ;)
I have some mixed views on Aggressors... good in some ways, bad in others. That said the developer's seem to be continuing to update the game - I just noticed that another update has just come out. Also there are some very interesting mods for it. (Personally I'm hoping someone will do a pre-Conquistador Meso-American mod).

The Persia DLC for FoG2 is, in my view, a very solid buy. :bd: I had a lot of fun playing the Assyrian campaign (even though I prefer the dynamic campaign system found in Pike and Shot Campaigns and Sengoku Jidai).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

airboy

I was a good boy for my readers.

I played the Pearl Harbor scenario and posted an AAR.  I've played the next scenario and made the screenshots.

I wrote up another installment of the WW1 Museum in Kansas City and put it on my blog.

But I ended up not playing all that much.  But being retired, every day is Saturday!

Kushan

I've split my time just about evenly between working on my Operation El Dorado Canyon scenario for CMANO and World of Warcraft. I did think of doing a quick hop from Seattle down to Portland in Prepar3d today but couldn't work up the energy to set up all my flight sim hardware. I also watched a lot of Stargate SG-1 on Amazon Prime on my second monitor while I was gaming or staring at my screen thinking about what I wanted to play.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

I managed an, 'Overwhelming Victory' in TOAW 4's Operation Dragoon. I don't know what constitutes 'overwhelming' vs 'underwhelming' or just plain old regular 'whelming' but I'll take it.  O0
I just wish I could take a screenie of game triumph but the only shot I can get is of the whole theater map.

I'm rapidly becoming a fan of this little gem of a game that's much better than the original I played way back when most of you were still using training wheels. The AI is very good and the system can play anything from Div/Corp level scenarios down to Company/Battalion/Battery level fights. It's got it's quirks, but definitely a Wargamer's wargame.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I still use training wheels.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd