Hot for FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 15, 2018, 06:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on June 15, 2018, 12:28:21 PM
Happy Birthday JH.  \m/

+1

Minis gaming with buddies tomorrow.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 15, 2018, 12:25:20 PM
Volvo 240?

That reminds me I may pick up newly out of early access Wreckfest, a new racing/demolition derby game just out this week on Steam. Looks insanely fun.

This one wasn't on my radar, but I'll admit, I can't help but smirk while watching the trailer...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, boys.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

OJsDad

You're 50 today, right.  :2funny:

O turns 18 today and J will be 15 tomorrow. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Wasn't on my radar either until I found out it left early access a few days ago. I doubt it will be marked down during the Steam sale but I would be silly to but it now. Patience...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

That reminds me I may pick up newly out of early access Wreckfest, a new racing/demolition derby game just out this week on Steam. Looks insanely fun.

Thanks.  I added that to my wishlist.  Not sure I'll get much out of it, but my son will be sold if you can drive a combine in a demolition derby. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Heh, who wouldn't? Wreckfest looks to be made to play while drinking.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Happy Birthday, JH! Enjoy it.  <:-) <:-) <:-)
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Dammit Carl!

Volvo 240?

Yeah.  Picked it up as the body was straight and the interior, motor and transmission was good.  Paint was utter ass, but I was planning on getting that taken care of this year.  Was going to be my fat, old man ride.

Had family drama and the car went to the relative who admittedly needed something to drive - she just didn't do stuff like check fluids, etc.  I warned them that it was a 30 year old car and to take it easy and...boom goes the engine.  Repairs now will alone top the amount I paid for her, and I just can't stomach that.

Crazy as it sounds, I just love the lines on a 240; got that "car before they became blobby, "aerodynamic," shapes" so popular in the mid-late 90s.  Think I'll go for a nice, boxy F150 ('90) with a 5 speed next as my current truck is going to be handed off to the daughter at her request.

And peeping Wreckfest - that looks like fun!

jamus34

Well i just found out Floggy Molly and Dropkick Murphys are playing in Asbury Sunday so I might try to snag a ticket to that.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

I'll be playing Oriental Empires.  Probably play some Table Top Simulator using the Path's of Glory module.  That is a neat WWI board game. 

Anybody want to play Paths of Glory with me on TTS?  I don't like vassal but I will do Zun Tzu if TTS is not your thing. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Wolfe1759

Quote from: jamus34 on June 15, 2018, 03:18:02 PM
Well i just found out Floggy Molly and Dropkick Murphys are playing in Asbury Sunday so I might try to snag a ticket to that.

I've still got my "Kiss me I'm S**tfaced" t-shirt from the last Dropkicks gig I was at so highly recommended even if my recollection is Guinness hazed,  although I'd recommend Flogging Molly over the support act  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

JudgeDredd

Volvo 240?

I had this like 2 or 3 years ago...unfinished in Alpha. It was fun back then! I'll have to reinstall it now that it's been released
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Isn't it 'Flogging Molly'?

My wife's family have owned Volvos for 40+ years. When I was first dating her (20+ years ago) she got lost on a hike and her parents gave me the keys to their then old Volvo 240 wagon to go rescue her with. It is probably the closest I will ever get to driving an actual tank.

My father in law still drives his red 1991 Volvo 740 sedan. It smells like old man and old dog but the damn thing refuses to die... don't know what he would replace it with anyway.

I must be strong and hope that Wreckfest goes on sale.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on June 15, 2018, 04:41:02 PM
Isn't it 'Flogging Molly'?

My wife's family have owned Volvos for 40+ years. When I was first dating her (20+ years ago) she got lost on a hike and her parents gave me the keys to their then old Volvo 240 wagon to go rescue her with. It is probably the closest I will ever get to driving an actual tank.

My father in law still drives his red 1991 Volvo 740 sedan. It smells like old man and old dog but the damn thing refuses to die... don't know what he would replace it with anyway.

I must be strong and hope that Wreckfest goes on sale.

Hey I'm posting from my phone, bite me.

jamus34

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on June 15, 2018, 04:35:06 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 15, 2018, 03:18:02 PM

I've still got my "Kiss me I'm S**tfaced" t-shirt from the last Dropkicks gig I was at so highly recommended even if my recollection is Guinness hazed,  although I'd recommend Flogging Molly over the support act  :)

I've seen Flogging (wiseasses) Molly before but not Dropkick. Them playing together is pretty much a wet dream for me.