Dominions 5- Warriors of the Faith

Started by Moreb, September 12, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Is it becoming time for a Grogheads Dom 5 Llama game yet?!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 22, 2018, 11:03:27 AM
Is it becoming time for a Grogheads Dom 5 Llama game yet?!  :bd:

Probably still patching bugs for a bit.   ;D

Nefaro

Another patch.

This one adds to new nations!  :bd:  Along with the usual bug fixes and other changes.

QuoteThis update has two new middle age nations Phlegra, Deformed Giants and Phaeacia, Isle of the Dark Ships. There are also new spells and tweaks mainly for the greekish nations.

Yskonyn

So, time to necro this! Any of you gents have enough experience to ask me on a date now? 😉
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 19, 2019, 09:57:53 AM
So, time to necro this! Any of you gents have enough experience to ask me on a date now? 😉

I'd be interested in playing MP with you.  I'm still not great at this game but I've learned a lot, more so in Dom 5 than the previous iterations of the game.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Yskonyn

Good! But I hope more people will join the fray!

Myrmidon

(Longtime lurker peeks his head out)

I'd be totally into joining a MP Dominions 5 game.

Yskonyn

Hey Myrmidon! Thanks!
Let's see if we can get a few more.

Tuna

How is this to learn, in comparison to deity empires?

Jarhead0331

It is on sale at Steam at the moment too.

Very tempted, but I never played Dominions 3 or 4, and I am totally obsessed with DCS VR at the moment...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on May 28, 2019, 12:09:48 PM
How is this to learn, in comparison to deity empires?

Deity Empires is much easier to learn than Dominions imho.  With just about 19 hours of gameplay time in Deity Empires I think I've got most of the basics figured out and am ready to challenge a human opponent.

After playing Dom 3, 4, and 5 all at about 30 or more hours a piece I'm still a total noob and get wiped very easily by human opponents.  I can play pretty well against the AI however. 

Just my 2 cents.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Tuna

Huw the Poo

The "problem" (depending on your point of view) with Dominions games is that you have to put a lot of time into them in order to be competitive.  When you're playing against other people who know how the game works, you have to pay close attention to every single detail of your realm, carefully managing all the units, spells, magical items, map resources etc.  If you fall behind you will be absolutely steamrolled even by numerically inferior armies.  It's the only reason I didn't bother to pick up Dominions 5 - I just know I won't be able to make the time commitment.

Of course, if you only play casually with other casual players, this is less of a concern.

Yskonyn

Do we even have hardcore players here?

W8taminute

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 31, 2019, 07:46:06 AM
Do we even have hardcore players here?

I don't think we do which should make a game between just us grogs fun.  I've played quite a few MP games with hardcore dominions players back in the day and it's embarrassing how quickly I got smoked.  Even now with all the experience I have I'm no where near even a slightly above average player but I would definitely play a game with grogheads.