Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Destraex

This game is still a lot of fun. But I am really having trouble getting my friends to like it after they have invested so much time in WOWs and the game is not immediately making them a hero killer ace. It's harder to master.

I always play Realistic - I NEVER play arcade. I mean this game is not perfect but it has many good features that are more realistic than WOWs. I don't want to dumb that down by speeding everything up in their arcade mode.
I played a little today with a mate who was new. People complain all the time about how "realistic" the aiming is and how slow some ships (or boats) are to reach battle. What BS. Just enjoy people.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

jomni

jomni

More info about world war. Operational layer, commanders, historical vehicle lists, many game modes, play vehicle that you don't have.

jomni

Oh, there's also infantry (AT guns) in World War attack/defence missions.

jomni

New nation: China! The People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (pre-WW2, WW2 and Taiwan) combined so you get east and west tech.
F4 Phantom and Mig 21 coming.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm doing nothing but naval now.  I was hoping that they wouldn't go beyond WWII but the first Cold War German ships have shown up.  Boo!!!!

jomni

"Big ship" coming.

There's map voting.

jomni

Apparently, the move to release China outside the Chinese servers caused some controversy. The country flag icon used is the current communist PRC flag which existed after WW2. Though the tech tree also covers pre-WW2/ WW2 Nationalists and post-WW2 Taiwan (American tech). The Taiwanese are not happy. They could have used the historical Nationalist flag for nationalist vehicles at least as what was initially planned.

Destraex

I dont think its a big problem. They have always used one flag for all. Maybe its a flag you can buy.
I am told this game has a huge eu following but not a large US one, at least when it comes to ships. Ships is all I play. I cannot go back to wows after playing this game. The detail compared to wows and the realism are night and day. But I think less people play it because it is much much harder.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Yskonyn

Holy crap. Every news item I have seen of this game in 2019 shows off beautiful graphics and hardware that gets my loins moistened!
I am just not sure I am into this Quake Deathmatch gameplay with cool units. Or has gameplay evolved over time to have a more mission like structure now?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Wburn

Do you buy into those modules? I currently seem to only have access to fighting WW2 maps without any kind of upgrades in armored vehicles without paying a bucket full of money for premium and lions to upgrade crews. I must be missing something.