Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

OMG, I actually spent money on this game!  They have discounts ongoing.
Comet, Challenger I, Avenger now in action.  But I still do better with my fully researched Firefly.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on May 04, 2018, 07:46:23 PM
Comet, Challenger I, Avenger now in action.  But I still do better with my fully researched Firefly.

Oh Yeah!  I got a T50 for 30% off!  And was killed by a Sherman of course.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 05, 2018, 09:21:10 AM

Yak-1 (number 4 -- very cheap):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 05, 2018, 11:48:14 PM

Yak-2 (number 14 -- very cheap):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 05, 2018, 11:48:14 PM

Hudson/B-34 again (now with 750 more pounds of bombs!):

MengJiao

And A big new bomb for a plane I'll probably never have in the game:

Jamey

This bomb looks really solid  :o

jomni

MengJiao

MengJiao

LaGG3-35 with Rockets!:

MengJiao

Martin 167.  In War Thunder it s a French plane -- which was sort of true -- about 25% of the Production run ended up with Vichy.  Off the Coast of Lebanon, the Ju-88s that were the first air-to-air victims of the P40 were reported as Martin 167s by the P40 pilots who probably knew the plane as the Maryland and saw it in Commonwealth service in Egypt where the first operational P40s were based.  The P40 pilots had probably never seen JU-88s before they shot them down.

Destraex

Any combined arms at all yet for the ground? i.e. Troops, AT guns etc
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JudgeDredd

I should be interested in this and World of Tanks - but with so many games vying for attention, I'm always a bit meh about them.
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on June 19, 2018, 05:16:51 AM
Any combined arms at all yet for the ground? i.e. Troops, AT guns etc

No infantry or fixed AT guns and it is hard to see how they would fit into the flow on most of the maps -- which are only now coming out of the stone age of tank map design -- If there were ways for foot soldiers or cavalry or barge mules or escaped crew or spies or forward observers or medics or chaplains or voodoo practictioners or repair crews or magicians or commissars to move around on foot or by swimming or climbing trees it would add a lot to the game but I suspect it will never happen.  Even in Red orchestra (One or Zero) it angered dedicated tank people when I would leave my burning tank and take to a life of petty crime, artillery spotting and tank stealing.  Heroes and Generals shows another weird case of letting people wander the battlefield.
There are automatic AA guns defending the airfields in War thunder but that is a long way from letting people bail out and maybe giving tank crews points for capturing or rescuiing them -- for example.  You could also let medics, magicians, chaplains and/or commissars revive the seemingly dead with rum or vodka etc. etc. and of course a few zombies perhaps by accident occasionally.   

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2018, 05:31:04 AM
I should be interested in this and World of Tanks - but with so many games vying for attention, I'm always a bit meh about them.

The meh factor is high in this one.  I kind of like the variety of planes and gear and the bigger more recent maps have their moments.  The naval stuff (now in beta -- I haven't played it) might be fun.  I've played a lot of WWII/FPS/Tanky/Plane games (Battlefield 42, WWII Online, Heroes and Generals, Red Orchestra) and this one is better than those in a sort of meh way (bigger maps, more variety of gear, possibly somewhat less cheating)