Space Hulk: Deathwing

Started by MetalDog, June 30, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I thought I'd post that I cannot think of a good pun right now.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

JasonPratt

^^ So it begins...

Man, isn't this Focus Interactive, too?? And aren't they also doing the new Blood Bowl with Cyanide? Didn't Cy at least do a good job on the first Blood Bowl (eventually)?

Granted, Blood Bowl going to be turn-based. But isn't the best Deathwing campaign Space Hulk computer game itself a Doom-ish FPS, LITERALLY DATING BACK TO THE DAYS OF DOOM 1??

Seriously, if they just remake that game with its pause/plot translation of the board game mechanics intact (or polished up a bit), that would be awesome. It's still better than the fairly decent modern board-game version remake.

I dunno. I realize Cyanide has had some dodgy games in the past, but they do seem to have learned how to work with Games Workshop on properties.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

(Alright, dangit, what's wrong with my youtube-coding? It pastes fine into a browser and brings up the new BB2 trailer... Okay fixed.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2014, 08:27:52 PM
Man, isn't this Focus Interactive, too?? And aren't they also doing the new Blood Bowl with Cyanide? Didn't Cy at least do a good job on the first Blood Bowl (eventually)?

I dunno. I've had a terrible time with Cyanide's BB each time I've tried to play it. The die rolls never, ever seem to go my way. I know it's not supposed to be an easy game, but I've had experience with the game before and my strategies always seem good, but fall apart the instant the AI rolls the dice. Even playing a Dwarf team, which is supposed to be one of the most forgiving BB teams around, my rolls are terrible.

Still, I love BB. So much so that I'll eventually buy BB2. And probably regret it I'm sure, but oh well.

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2014, 08:27:52 PM
^^ So it begins...

The Blood Bowl games are good.  Except for the AI opponent in single-player.  That's bad.

The real negative of that situation is that Focus/Cyanide released TWO more full versions of Blood Bowl and never improved the AI in any of them, despite it being a major complaint since the first.

bob48

^Agreed, although I expect I will buy BB2 as I've been a fan of the board game and PC game for a long time.

'Clip those corners'

PanzersEast

JasonPratt

I'm not even going to click on that, because at this point I want my experience to be pure and undefiled.  :smitten:

-budd-

That looks AWESOMMMMMME :bd: .....go ahead and peek Jason.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tpek

Only watched the beginning, but the way the marines keep voicing the same lines over and over and over again in such a short amount of time
is really annoying. ("Warrior Strain! Warrior Strain! Warrior Strain! We are the Angels of Death! Warrior Strain! We are the Angels of Death!")

Also, for marines in Terminator armour they are way way way too fast and maneuverable.
And instead of fighting just Genestealers, they seem to be fighting cultists as well (as you can see with the enemy using ranged weapons).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on November 20, 2016, 06:00:09 PM
Only watched the beginning, but the way the marines keep voicing the same lines over and over and over again in such a short amount of time
is really annoying. ("Warrior Strain! Warrior Strain! Warrior Strain! We are the Angels of Death! Warrior Strain! We are the Angels of Death!")

Also, for marines in Terminator armour they are way way way too fast and maneuverable.
And instead of fighting just Genestealers, they seem to be fighting cultists as well (as you can see with the enemy using ranged weapons).

Everything looks fantastic to me so far, but I agree, the Terminators move to quickly and there does not seem to be a heavyness to their steps. I'd like to really "feel" it when they move. Also, I'd like to hear the servos in their power armor whining when they exert themselves.

They have been stating for a long time that you will fight all different kinds of Genestealers from hybrids, to magos, to broodlords and patriarchs. I think this is a good thing to have variety.

I think its looking like its going to be a real treat for 40K fans. They are saying pre-orders will get beta access by the end of this coming week!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MIGMaster

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.  ;)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Tpek on November 20, 2016, 06:00:09 PM

That's what I thought...I only watched a couple of minutes and thought "Shut up!!"

However - the rest looked pretty cool and if they add more dialogue and effects (as mentioned by JH) then it would seem to be a potential must buy.
Alba gu' brath