Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Saw Yngwie open for Iron Maiden in '86.  Way too flashy for me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Courtesy of the 1995 Bracket research:

MetalDog

Another 1995 research nugget (Brant approved even!(And probably already posted on this site somewhere)).

bayonetbrant

yes, that's Dave Mustaine's daughter

[yt]https://youtu.be/-W4-BAMPcOA[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

local dudes here - saw them down at SparkCon the other day.  Much better live than on here.  The low end of the mix (esp the drums) got completely lost in production. 

[yt]https://youtu.be/hsxUMqH7i6k[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

I don't know if anybody remembers this belgian band from the early 60's, but the lead singer and gitarist André Van den Meersschaut died today at an age of 80.
This number sold more than a million copies worldwide and is covered many times.  (Johnny Hallyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXs_7vxhl1w / Leningrad Cowboys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5mjVxnDAw )

MetalDog

Courtesy of 1966 and Stax.  A song we wish a woman would sing like that to us and mean it.

MetalDog

A great song until it was corrupted by those damn Red Sox

Staggerwing

The Standells were not even from Boston. They were from LA.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Excellent!  Fool on them Sox fans!

One of the first 'psychedelic' songs I know.

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Now there's a band I haven't heard mentioned in a quite a while.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

BanzaiCat

I stumbled on them back in 1989 or so. My cable package had some weird video jukebox thing where you could call a number and pick one video for $0.99 or three videos for something like $3.99. This was about when MTV was starting to lose its music 'oomph' so sometimes I'd have this channel on. It was pretty random what people chose. I clearly remember I was doing homework at the table when this Kooler Than Jesus video came on and I was  ??? through the whole thing, but I couldn't look away. I really like this song but can't say I know much else of their work.

MetalDog

One of my favorite Cream songs

Staggerwing

^ I used to think that song referenced one of the band member's NSU motorcycle. I later read that Jack bruce said it was actually about Eric Clapton coming down with'Non Specific Urethritis'.  ???