Hey Jarhead!!

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 24, 2018, 01:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

So...I caved.  The gun store had a 10% off sale yesterday and today.  I waited until about 11am this morning before sauntering over.  I said if the RDB was still in stock, I'd pick it up.  I thought for sure it would be gone but they actually had two on the rack.  Picked one up but I won't be able to get to the range until Weds.  (I could go tomorrow but going on Sat or Sun is pure misery.  Hour plus waits just to get a lane and 45 min between target changes.)

Hopefully it works as intended.  I know Kel-Tec has a rep for dodgy quality control.  I had good luck with my KSG.  Hope it continues with the RDB as well.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

green with envy here  :dreamer: 

well, its the law  :'(

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tried out the new shooty toy this morning.  Nice trigger!  4lb pull maybe?  Accuracy was pretty bad and I have to do some work fiddling with the gas regulator as I was having problems with the bolt catch failing to engage after the last round but then I'd over compensate with the gas and the bolt would slam back hard and then try to double feed.  Bent the casings on 6 rounds out of 100 or so?  Really nice balance on it but I'm not used to such a short, light front end so it was waving around all over the place.  3+" groups at 50m from the shoulder.

Hopefully the double feeding is just a matter of me fine tuning the gas reg.  I tried 3 different mags but had the feed issue with each one.  I was using el cheapo 55 gr American Eagle .223.

Pinetree

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 27, 2018, 05:00:59 PM
Really nice balance on it but I'm not used to such a short, light front end so it was waving around all over the place.  3+" groups at 50m from the shoulder.
Had the same problem with the Steyr back in my army days. Having pistol fore-grip helps.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 27, 2018, 05:00:59 PM
Tried out the new shooty toy this morning.  Nice trigger!  4lb pull maybe?  Accuracy was pretty bad and I have to do some work fiddling with the gas regulator as I was having problems with the bolt catch failing to engage after the last round but then I'd over compensate with the gas and the bolt would slam back hard and then try to double feed.  Bent the casings on 6 rounds out of 100 or so?  Really nice balance on it but I'm not used to such a short, light front end so it was waving around all over the place.  3+" groups at 50m from the shoulder.

Hopefully the double feeding is just a matter of me fine tuning the gas reg.  I tried 3 different mags but had the feed issue with each one.  I was using el cheapo 55 gr American Eagle .223.

I love the process of breaking in a new rifle.  It's equally frustrating and rewarding once it's working and shooting the way you want. 

Nice work SDR.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback